My daughter says the Monterey hurts her back.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Anyone else? She's used it happily for over a year, but for the past few weeks she's been saying it hurts her back. She's not saying the seat itself hurts, but the way it positions her makes her back ache (lower back, right above tailbone).

Ugh. I don't want her to hurt. I also don't want to buy a new expensive booster for an 8yo, but I'm not ready for her to go backless yet.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
What kind of leg/foot support does she have? That's about the age that my kids' backs hurt in most boosters without foot support of some kind. At least I hope it's something that cheap and easy, I wouldn't want to have to replace such a tall, cushy seat so soon!

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Ooh, that's something to check.

I wouldn't trash the seat. I'd move it to husband's car (she has a Turbo in there and she feels and looks squished -- she's a solid kid and my Turbo has the extra foam and cushions). She only takes short trips in that car so even if it's a little uncomfortable, she can deal with it.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I went to Goodwill and bought a fairly decrepit sleeping bag (which is now swishing around in my washer with lots of detergent and baking soda) for $3 to use as a footrest -- I like it because it has those ties to keep it rolled up. Daughter says she's more comfortable.

icnee

My son complains of the same thing in the same spot on his back in his Monterey, I just thought it was cause he didn't want to sit the right way in his seat, I really feel bad now.
What can be used to prop up their feet was going to get him a styrofoam cooler but is there some thimng that he is not going to ruin, I know he will "accidentally" put his feet through it.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Well, the $3 sleeping bag I just posted about seems to work pretty well. I'm sure it will get dirty from shoes and stuff in the car, but I don't think she'll actually *ruin* it.

Yoshi

I cut 2 pool noodles into 6 pieces about 18" long and used elastic to tie them together (think bundle of logs, LOL) It works great as a footrest for my DD in her booster:thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC