will Britax existing models go on further sale with a new line coming up?

pinky24

Hello All,
I want to buy a Britax Boulevard for my 8 month old DD. I see that a lot of current models are put up for closeout sales with the new line coming up. Can anyone tell me if the prices will be even lower after 2 months or so when the new seats will be in the market.

If so how much do you think a Boulevard price could come to?? I am looking at solstice fabric. I have a $225 deal on this at Target. I am in a dilemma if I should go ahead with this deal or wait a little longer for the prices to go down.

Also, safety wise...is it a good idea to buy the current Britax models now??

Thanks.

ADS

ZephyrBlue

I think the deal is dead, but there were Boulevards for $124 a couple days ago through FAO Schwarz private sale. It was listed on slickdeals.net

Albeebaby.com has a couple for $209, I believe.

As far as safety, there are some new features on the upcoming Britax convertibles that could contribute to them being safer, but there is no way to prove it. The new seats have technology that will help lower the center of gravity (which will reduce head excursion, IIRC), and are reinforced with steel bars to also help reduce forward movement in a collision. The crash test data from last year convinced some people not to use their Britax convertibles forward facing with older/heavier toddlers or preschoolers (the seats passed the tests, but just barely in head excursion). Other people feel that the test results don't mirror real-life scenarios, and are comfortable using their "old" Britax convertible seats forward facing. It's a judgement call, for sure.

Pixels

Many of the old style Britax seats will be sticking around, renamed Classic. Britax Marathon Classic, Britax Boulevard Classic, etc. They are getting new covers labeled as such, so I dunno about the old, non-Classic-labeled ones.

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
baby catalog has a few onsale as well, they also have 20% off the new models. I was able to pre-order a BLVD70 for $243

Farm_Mama

Many of the old style Britax seats will be sticking around, renamed Classic. Britax Marathon Classic, Britax Boulevard Classic, etc. They are getting new covers labeled as such, so I dunno about the old, non-Classic-labeled ones.

According to Britax, the "Classic" line will be a Target exclusive and even they will be discontinued next spring.

I would imagine that retailers will continue to lower the clearance prices as needed to clear out back stock. I can't imagine anything actually hanging around long enough to get super cheap though.

Qarin

I think the classic line is a ploy to get rid of excess material, parts, etc.

I'm sure it is, using Target as an exclusive conduit to sell back inventory from Britax warehouses.

The new seats are supposed to start shipping on August 16, while the old ones are unavailable to retailers (except Target, who will have them until June 30, 2011) as of July 1.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC