My stepdaughter took my advice!!!

msg221

Two years ago when my stepdaughter K was expecting her first baby, we discussed car seats and I told her about ERF. E is going to be 2 on Saturday and he is still rear facing. Yesterday as we were loading both her kids into her vehicle, she mentioned to me how nearly every one of her friends who also have children "make fun" of her for still having E rear facing. They make little comments like "OMG! How much longer are you going to keep him like that!" She just brushes their comments off and asks them if they have seen any of the videos of what can happen if they are FF in an accident. I'm glad that she took my advice and that she isn't letting her friends comments get to her!

ADS

tjham

I got my daughter to keep my grandson RF to 22 months. When she finally turned him, she didn't tell me right away. :rolleyes: But at least she did it for that long and that was 4 years ago, when ERF was still unusual.

Good for you and K! :thumbsup:

cookie123

Way to go! Matthew is still rear facing at 2.5. DD is too lazy to turn him and she never gets the seat in right when she does put it in, so she just leaves it to me.

msg221

Now I can only hope that stepdaughter #1 (or rather, her DH) will keep their year old twins RF longer. I am not confident that is going to happen because they are both riding in BLVD's and he already complained about the difficulty in getting them in their seats. They sit so high up on the seat and they are in a Tahoe, so that already sits high up. They literally have to fold the kids in half to avoid hitting their heads on the vehicle door frame. And since he is a SAHD, he drives them around most of the time so I could see him turning them around for his covnenience. I tried to talk her into selling the BLVD's and buying something else, like a MR or TF, but I think she thinks it would be too much trouble.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC