Should I get a Frontier?

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I just had a thread about my 4.5yo DS outgrowing the Nautilus' harness. :( He and I were talking about his seats, and he basically told me he prefers to be harnessed over being nagged to sit properly in a booster. :rolleyes: Based on that, and the knowledge he should have some more height room in the Frontier, I thought I'd get him one of those. What I didn't consider was that he's 58lbs naked, so probably around 60-61lbs dressed. :eek: Here in Canada, the Frontier(XT) only harnesses to 65lbs. Is there any point on another harness considering his weight? (65lbs is the maximum weight for ALL harnesses in Canada.)

(P.S. Please don't move this to the Canadian forum... there's not enough traffic there, thanks! :eek:)

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Uhh...if you have it in the budget? ...but then I was also thinking...he's a tallllll kid and it's a talllll booster and maybe it would be a good idea to think ahead some and get it based on booster height?

unityco

What booster options do you have in Canada?

Many of the usual suspects. We've got the Monterey (we own one already,) we've got the clek range, the Turbos, the Parkway, the Dorel and Evenflo models, the Kobuk (apparently,) some of the Compasses. We do not have any Recaro seats or the Lightrider ones.

unityco

How quickly do boys this age gain weight? Is he maybe in one of those zones where he'll grow taller and slimmer? :fingerscrossed:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC