buy a new cover for regent or buy a frontier

my2kidsSafe

I am torn what to do? DS who is 3.5 is a huge monster. He is going to be outgrowing the MA in about 6 months or so. Hoping to at least get to his birthday. Preferably after it since he turns 4 the week of xmas. I have a radian and i just don't love the install in my van without latch. And considering ds is huge, he weighs 44 lbs already. And almost as tall as my 6 year old who measures in at the 50th percentile. This is the kid who is wearing a size 12 shoe at 3.5. So i have a regent from dd but she will probably be in a booster full time when he outgrows his MA. But its a girly cover and there is no way ds will deal with that full time. So i either have to buy a new regent cover or buy a new seat. I'm kinda leaning to buying the frontier as my regent will be 4 years old in december (i think). What would you do?

ADS

ginny4

i'd check the DOM of the regent to be sure......personally i like getting every little minute out of a seat so i'd likely just get a new cover for it. that would be minimal cost. when it expires (should get your DS till near 6yo if your guess of DOM is correct) then you can reevaluate the situation for booster readiness.

actually i did/am doing the similar thing. my DS outgrew the FPSVD, i moved my 6yo to a booster full time so my DS3 could use the regent. i had a girly cover for DD & a gender neutral cover for DS.

BTW you can sell the girl cover for a great price & get a gender neutral cover rather cheaply.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC