Anyone know how Britax is handling the PW headrest adjuster probs now?

Momof4Girls

We've had PWs (2 of them!) in my ILs' car for the last 1.5-2 years, and one of them is having the head rest adjuster problems. My ILs cannot be trusted to appropriately mess with the headrest, IF the tricks to get the "catch" to engage actually will work on their seats. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but i only just tonight "accidentally" discovered this problem.

Think they'll tell me I'm SOL? LOL I'll give them a call tomorrow, but was hoping to get some idea of what to expect out of them this year. The previous threads are from last May/June ('09)!

ADS

melniemi

They told me "Sorry, you can now only use it in the lowest position" Boo! I called twice and got the same thing.

Momof4Girls

Well...that's not very Britax-like :( So much for awesome customer service! We've had these seats used as back-up seats for less than 2 years (bought at the same time)...they *might* be 2.5 years old? GAH. This makes me angry.

(Hi, Sarah Tilton...Britax loyalist here, one of the reasons being customer service, made in the USA, cutting edge improvements, and I've been let down in all 3 departments lately!)

melniemi

That's what I thought - I asked if I can purchase a frontier from their "out of warranty replacement program" and one person said no cuz it's a different platform, other said there is no such thing:rolleyes:

FWIW, after I bought a Frontier to use as a booster, I messed around with the PW and got it to lock back into place, go figure, I had tried before and it wouldn't do anything

Irishmama

Someone on here said to check the back and clean it really well, that often it is an issue of dust, etc getting stuck and not letting it lock into place. I have two that have the issue occasionally and that seems to be the problem.

NannyMom

I had a seat that had the headrest issue less than a year after I bought it. THis was several months ago, and I called Britax. I couldn't find the receipt to prove I'd had it less than 1yr, and it had a 2007 (I think) date of manufacture. So, they said I was SOL.

Momof4Girls

GREAT. ILs bought/paid for it (we told them what to buy, sent them the links, etc...figured it was the most dummy-proof booster! No screws, easy, etc), online, so WHO KNOWS if they still have the receipt (prolly not). I guess, regardless, it's been more than a year....*sighs*

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC