what to do?

ADS

Morganthe

Do you have any inkling why your dd is fighting against sitting in the Marathon? Does she settle down one she's strapped in or is it a miserable ride the entire time?

gwenvet

Want to trade your MA for a BV? Then your younger one will have headwings just like the older one in the Parkway. Who knows, maybe that will help!

Yoshi

You know, before you go selling or buying new seats, remember that 2 yr olds can go through a LOT of phases where they fight just about anything you make them do.....My kids were/are total opposites and my daughter is the assertive, demanding one!! She fought diaper changes, carseats, the highchair, potty training, you name it- all at some point in her development. Maybe this is just something new that will pass. Can you wait it out a bit? Maybe someone here has some good tips on how to make it more pleasant for her. I am not so good advising other moms on behavior issues, 'cuz we tried everything and I can't really tell you what worked or not!:p

CAEKWILSON

You know, before you go selling or buying new seats, remember that 2 yr olds can go through a LOT of phases where they fight just about anything you make them do.....My kids were/are total opposites and my daughter is the assertive, demanding one!! She fought diaper changes, carseats, the highchair, potty training, you name it- all at some point in her development. Maybe this is just something new that will pass. Can you wait it out a bit? Maybe someone here has some good tips on how to make it more pleasant for her. I am not so good advising other moms on behavior issues, 'cuz we tried everything and I can't really tell you what worked or not!:p

yes that is what i am thinking, i just wish i knew why i have to hold her in the car seat then buckle it and all while she is screaming....any ideas i would love! she loved the seat for the first month and she always wanted in it...hmmm i wonder if it is because we moved it, would that be it? she has always been behind the passanger seat and we moved her behind the drivers...i just remembered that...on a another note, i want to get a harnessed seat for my 4.6 year old , i just dont feel she is as safe as she can be in the parkway, and i am not to keen about the laptop, she looks kinda scrunched in that....so i was thinking the radian, or maybe the regent?

thanks

yes my girls look alot like me! lol.... i will send a pic of me sometime and then you will flip!

scatterbunny

If the Radian installs well in your vehicle, I think I'd go with those for both girls. :) Your 4yo seems short-torsoed, based on how she fits the Parkway, so she should have lots of room in a Radian.

flipper68

Senior Community Member
I, too, thought your photos were the same child in a harnessed seat and a booster. :p

The genes in my family are pretty strong as well: I have a nephew that is the exact clone of his dad (my brother) and a niece that could easily be my mini me. [A friend recently attended a local college event. She knew my brother had taken a job with the college but had not met him before. She was laughing when she called, saying, "I knew who he was w/o reading his name tag, becase he looks just like you."]

Back to Topic: I would question a Radian for your older child - they have about the same harness height as a MA. If you want her in a harnessed seat, Regent would have the longest use for her.

Re a 2 year old in MA:
Can you move her seat back to it's previous position and see what happens? Could be she protesting the change.
If she liked it for a month before starting to balk, I'd sincerely doubt it's the seat.

More likely it's the, "I won't because you want me," to attitude of some 2 yr. olds.

Maybe something has happened that scared her . . . did you accidentally pinch her with the buckle, did she get sick in the car?

I've found funny sounds (animal noises, tongue clicks, whistling - especially if you pretend to be surprised by them, "What was that?!!") or singing a song to distract the toddler set.

Hopefully, this is a short lived phase or you can figure out the cause of her distress soon.

arly1983

The thing about the Marathon and Radian is that they are two different shaped seats. Children fit differently in them even though the inches say the fit should be much closer. My DS is about an inche from outgrowing the Marathon and about 2.5 inches from outgrowing the Radian. Why? I have no idea. The only way to know for sure is to try your child in both.
Picture105.jpg

Picture091.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC