In Search Of Smartipants, inserts, cloth wipes, wet bags

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Okay, so now we know it's a GIRL! :love: I need a few more colors to my Smartipants. If anyone wants to sell me any of the following colors, let me know:

-pink
-purple
-yellow
-white

I have more than enough of the other colors.

I am also ISO inserts. I'd like something thinner but very absorbent. I don't know what that is, sell me on it. ;)

And, cloth wipes. Home-made, name-brand, any kind. I plan to make my own and/or buy dollar store baby washcloths, but I'd like to get a few different ones to try too, so if you have some extra you'd like me to take off your hands, LMK. :D

Also, I could probably use a wet bag or two.

So, anyone want to make a little money? Thanks!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Little bump. May also be open to trading something if you think I have something you want-- not sure what that would be but hey, you can ask. :)

mykidsmylife

I have a bunch of baby washclothes from the dollar store and some Gerber ones if you want them. LOL. I gave up on cloth wipes so iw as just going to toss them. Let me know and I will send them to you..

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I have a bunch of baby washclothes from the dollar store and some Gerber ones if you want them. LOL. I gave up on cloth wipes so iw as just going to toss them. Let me know and I will send them to you..

That would be wonderful! LMK if you need shipping and how much.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I got rid of most of my inserts but I might still have a couple. I don't know if they'd be the size you're looking for, though. I'm not familiar with Smartipants.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Smartipants are one-size so they can take most lengths of inserts. Basically I'm looking for something thin but absorbent to work as a doubler with the regular insert. :)

rachelandtyke

I have 2 bummis medium drawstring wetbags that I'm not using.

Are you still looking for doublers (you don't really need inserts, right, the diapers came with them, so you're just looking to add some more absorbancy)? How thin are you looking for?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I think I'll pass on the wet bags, I don't like drawstring. But thanks!

Yeah, I plan to use thin inserts as doublers, because these are too thick to double up. Or, alternatively, if there's a super-absorbent insert out there that will fit but still be pretty trim, I could use that instead. I'm looking for something for heavy wetting times when one of the Smartipants inserts alone isn't enough.

rachelandtyke

Yeah, I don't like the drawstrings either, although they do make good pail liners. But I had a friend that loved them.

I think your best bet would be something like the JoeyBunz Hemparoos for a doubler. I love them by themselves because they are so trim. But if I need to double up, I usually do one micro insert and one hemp. They absorb differently, so it's a common recommendation to use one of each. The loopy-do's are made using that thinking.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yeah, I don't like the drawstrings either, although they do make good pail liners. But I had a friend that loved them.

I think your best bet would be something like the JoeyBunz Hemparoos for a doubler. I love them by themselves because they are so trim. But if I need to double up, I usually do one micro insert and one hemp. They absorb differently, so it's a common recommendation to use one of each. The loopy-do's are made using that thinking.

Thanks for the rec! Which one would you put on top?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
A member on the board is actually custom-making some to my specifications. :thumbsup: Between those and some washcloths for extras/days I run out/whatever, I think I'll be good. But thanks for the offer!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC