Do you think I'd get head slump in the Radian XTSL?

glockchick

It seems to have that bump that pushes their heads forward a bit and I'm thinking that since they get head slump in the Nauti, they might in the Radian as well with my crazy upright seats.

Yes, I know we couldn't get a good install, but the Kohl's sale is luring me in. We didn't try letting the buckle go into the belt path or flipping the male end of the buckle.

And, they should work in dh's car even if I can't get them in mine...:whistle:

ADS

menfusse

We did and it was worse with the RN than it is with the Nauti. Her head would flop and then get sort of caught under the wings in the RN and she couldn't even try and readjust. It was pretty awful and why we sold it.

ETA: which made me very very sad because I still LOVE the RN RF, and I would LOVE it FF if it weren't for the really bad head slump.

Pic:
01-10-09_1605.jpg

At times she would get her head sort of under the wings and when she would try to shift in her sleep, she couldn't.

Last edited:

glockchick

firemom - Did you have issues with the Nauti? I seem to remember you did, but I'm not sure if I'm confusing you with someone else. :eek:

MoreLatte

We had bad headslump in our XTSL. I had a decent install in the second row outboard in my yukonxl though. We sold it cause I hate headslump. I also hated the weight of the seat when I had to take it out-it was a pain.

firemomof3

Yes, it was me who had head slump in the GN :( Or well, my kids did :p I still have the GN as an extra in dh's truck because I love how easy it is to use (good for dh!) and it fits my kids beautifully :thumbsup:
Here is dd2 in the GN trying to get comfortable to sleep vs the XT
carseatstuff054.jpg

florida2010027.jpg

glockchick

Thanks. I had issues with the Nauti too. Does the RN recline more installed or something? Dang, now I really wanna get them. I just know I can make them work. :p

As an aside, what kind of booster is that? It's cute!

wavegal

Are the people with head slump using the recline on the seat for ffing? might be a stupid question but thought i would throw it out there

cookie123

Yes, it was me who had head slump in the GN :( Or well, my kids did :p I still have the GN as an extra in dh's truck because I love how easy it is to use (good for dh!) and it fits my kids beautifully :thumbsup:
Here is dd2 in the GN trying to get comfortable to sleep vs the XT
carseatstuff054.jpg

florida2010027.jpg

The top picture made me lol!:)

JerseyGirl'sMama

Never had a Nauti so I can't add to that, but now that DS is on the third (from top and bottom) slots and the headwings have to be down, he has bad head slump. When you push the headwings all the way down, it creates this bump in the fabric right at the lower part of his head which pushes his head down. :thumbsdown:

Here is a picture where you can see the bulge:

expcrs025.jpg

Last edited:

glockchick

So I'm worried about them not having enough lateral support with the 65 or 80 but a flat seat back and having plenty of lateral support but possible heads being pushed forward with the XT. :p

Would it really be that hard to make the dang head support flush with the back of the seat instead of pushing their heads forward? Really?

vrclay

Never had a Nauti so I can't add to that, but now that DS is on the third (from top and bottom) slots and the headwings have to be down, he has bad head slump. When you push the headwings all the way down, it creates this bump in the fabric right at the lower part of his head which pushes his head down. :thumbsdown:

Here is a picture where you can see the bulge:

expcrs025.jpg

Ohhh, this might be what's going on with my seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC