Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Question hmm... what should I do? Sell or keep MA?

I have a Cowmooflauge MA DOM 2006 so good through 2012, or another two years. I have a three-year-old who has just outgrown it (he is 41lbs and off-the-charts tall) and a three-month-old who won't be in it until he outgrows the CCO. So, it will be at least a year until I can use it.

I was originally thinking of selling it and buying a Radian for the baby when he outgrows the infant seats. But, maybe I should hang on to it? It's a super cute, easy to use seat that we *could* use for a little bit down the road. But then it seems silly for me to store it for one of it's last two years of use. I would only save money for a short time, then have to buy a new seat for him in 2012, probably a Radian or another super tall shell seat because I make such tall boys. So, is it worth it?

Money isn't an issue, I'm only trying to be practical. What would you guys do?
    Jess, mama to three BIG boys!
    Sammy (8.5) in a Monterey as a NBB
    Freddie (6) in a Graco TB
    Jack (4-15-10) in a ???

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: hmm... what should I do? Sell or keep MA?

Quote Originally Posted by jesster View Post
    I have a Cowmooflauge MA DOM 2006 so good through 2012, or another two years. I have a three-year-old who has just outgrown it (he is 41lbs and off-the-charts tall) and a three-month-old who won't be in it until he outgrows the CCO. So, it will be at least a year until I can use it.

I was originally thinking of selling it and buying a Radian for the baby when he outgrows the infant seats. But, maybe I should hang on to it? It's a super cute, easy to use seat that we *could* use for a little bit down the road. But then it seems silly for me to store it for one of it's last two years of use. I would only save money for a short time, then have to buy a new seat for him in 2012, probably a Radian or another super tall shell seat because I make such tall boys. So, is it worth it?

Money isn't an issue, I'm only trying to be practical. What would you guys do?
    Well - my concern ist hat if you have very, very tall kids - you might be done with your CCO earlier than you think. I doubt you will make it much past a year if your kiddos are that tall - so that is more like 9 mos from now.
    Chardon, Ohio - One Heartbeat - 2/27/12

I just sold our extra Marathon today. I wanted to get rid of it before they released the newer ones. Realistically, I could use it for the new baby in about 6 months, but by then, I'll probably want something different.
    Tia- CPST wife to Riki
    Stay at home mama to:
    Sophia 11.29.07 riding in a Britax Parkway SGL
    Alaina 8.21.10 riding in a Britax Frontier 90
    Surro Twins L & E 1.6.13 & Surro Baby #3 Due 11.10.14

Quote Originally Posted by TiaxMarie View Post
    I just sold our extra Marathon today. I wanted to get rid of it before they released the newer ones. Realistically, I could use it for the new baby in about 6 months, but by then, I'll probably want something different.
    And there's that. I might want something new, too.

Do you mind telling me how you figured what to sell it for? I was thinking of asking $75 for ours, dividing the cost of the seat if I were to buy it today by 6 (years until the seat expires) then multiplying times two (because the seat has two years left). Does that make sense? Or is that a ridiculous way to price a seat?! I've sold one before.
    Jess, mama to three BIG boys!
    Sammy (8.5) in a Monterey as a NBB
    Freddie (6) in a Graco TB
    Jack (4-15-10) in a ???

They told me on another group to divide the price you paid new by 6 years and then you will get a per year price. You can times the per year price by 4 years since that is how old it is and that is what you take off the new price that you paid. What did you pay new?? I am kinda falling for the whole cowmooflage pattern and was trying to see if I can get 3 seats that match.

I'd sell it. You're going to need a new seat anyway, and you'll probably want whatever new is out when the time comes. Yet, it's hard to give it up, I can understand that! I'm saving a Generations and a Platinum Cargo which I 'might' use. Sometime.
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Hannah - 16 - Seatbelt! Reya - 1.5 4Ever/BLVD/Peg
    Brett - 15 - Seatbelt Nolan - 2.5 - 4Ever/Fllo
    Matt- 11 - Seatbelt Baby Boy due 1/17/19 Pipa
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG