hmm... what should I do? Sell or keep MA?

jesster

I have a Cowmooflauge MA DOM 2006 so good through 2012, or another two years. I have a three-year-old who has just outgrown it (he is 41lbs and off-the-charts tall) and a three-month-old who won't be in it until he outgrows the CCO. So, it will be at least a year until I can use it.

I was originally thinking of selling it and buying a Radian for the baby when he outgrows the infant seats. But, maybe I should hang on to it? It's a super cute, easy to use seat that we *could* use for a little bit down the road. But then it seems silly for me to store it for one of it's last two years of use. I would only save money for a short time, then have to buy a new seat for him in 2012, probably a Radian or another super tall shell seat because I make such tall boys. So, is it worth it?

Money isn't an issue, I'm only trying to be practical. What would you guys do?

ADS

ctbcleveland

I have a Cowmooflauge MA DOM 2006 so good through 2012, or another two years. I have a three-year-old who has just outgrown it (he is 41lbs and off-the-charts tall) and a three-month-old who won't be in it until he outgrows the CCO. So, it will be at least a year until I can use it.

I was originally thinking of selling it and buying a Radian for the baby when he outgrows the infant seats. But, maybe I should hang on to it? It's a super cute, easy to use seat that we *could* use for a little bit down the road. But then it seems silly for me to store it for one of it's last two years of use. I would only save money for a short time, then have to buy a new seat for him in 2012, probably a Radian or another super tall shell seat because I make such tall boys. So, is it worth it?

Money isn't an issue, I'm only trying to be practical. What would you guys do?

Well - my concern ist hat if you have very, very tall kids - you might be done with your CCO earlier than you think. I doubt you will make it much past a year if your kiddos are that tall - so that is more like 9 mos from now.

TiaxMarie

I just sold our extra Marathon today. I wanted to get rid of it before they released the newer ones. Realistically, I could use it for the new baby in about 6 months, but by then, I'll probably want something different.

jesster

I just sold our extra Marathon today. I wanted to get rid of it before they released the newer ones. Realistically, I could use it for the new baby in about 6 months, but by then, I'll probably want something different.

And there's that. I might want something new, too.

Do you mind telling me how you figured what to sell it for? I was thinking of asking $75 for ours, dividing the cost of the seat if I were to buy it today by 6 (years until the seat expires) then multiplying times two (because the seat has two years left). Does that make sense? Or is that a ridiculous way to price a seat?! I've sold one before.

ericarizo

They told me on another group to divide the price you paid new by 6 years and then you will get a per year price. You can times the per year price by 4 years since that is how old it is and that is what you take off the new price that you paid. What did you pay new?? I am kinda falling for the whole cowmooflage pattern and was trying to see if I can get 3 seats that match.

cookie123

I'd sell it. You're going to need a new seat anyway, and you'll probably want whatever new is out when the time comes. Yet, it's hard to give it up, I can understand that! I'm saving a Generations and a Platinum Cargo which I 'might' use. Sometime.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC