New Ford Fiesta RF seat?

Angela

My DH is looking at the new Ford Fiesta and we were wondering if a rf seat and a frontier 85 would fit in the back. The rf seats we have are the Recaro Signo and an Evenflo Triumph Advance, but would be more than happy to buy a new seat. ;) Anyone tried it yet or have any ideas whether it would even work?

ADS

Angela

http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/fiesta/

It looks like a pretty awesome car! My DH is a car fanatic and has been itching to get a new car (just like me and car seats!). He can't get anything for another year and a half when our other car is paid off. He's having fun looking though! This is one that is definitely in the running though. We'll have to be able to get a booster in it and possibly an infant/convertible seat in there sometime in the future. So, we haven't tried anything yet, but am excited to see if anything will fit. :)

TXAggieTech

Can't wait to hear what works. I really want a Fiesta but would need to put 2 booster (Jane Indy's) and a teen in the back. Not sure it that is even close to possible.

solmama

The Ford Fiesta is a great little car. We got to sit in one at our state fair. I'm 5'9" and fairly long-legged. I sat in the front passenger seat, and put the seat where I could be comfortable (but not all the way back). I then went to the rear passenger seat and I had enough leg room to sit. It would not have been 5 hour road trip worthy back there, but manageable for around town.

I bet you could get an EFTA in it and the passenger could still be reasonably comfortable. But, that's just a guess. I don't know about the driver's side.

I can't recall about 3 across fit. It has a bigger interior than I expected, for a small car (and one that gets 40mpg hwy).

cbf123

It has a bigger interior than I expected, for a small car (and one that gets 40mpg hwy).

To be fair, it only gets 40mpg hwy with the super fuel efficiency upgrade package, which is only available on the SE model with the 6-speed auto tranny.

T4K

Haven't these cars existed internationally for a while? Maybe the international board may have some more insight, of course, they don't have American seats but at least you can get an idea of what HAS fit back there.

Angela

Haven't these cars existed internationally for a while? Maybe the international board may have some more insight, of course, they don't have American seats but at least you can get an idea of what HAS fit back there.

Yep, they've been around for awhile. I'm not sure how different they are between the different countries. Good idea for a place to check.

do they have a fiesta on a lot where you can go test drive it and put your carseats in it to see if they fit?

Yes, they do have one here, but since we won't be really considering buying anything for another year and a half, we're going to wait to try anything out.

luckyclov

One of my first cars was an electric blue Ford Festiva (yes, I know it's not a Fiesta). Emilio Festivez, it was named. It was an awesome car (I was college)...haha. Ahhhh, memories.

cgeiser

So I just too my new Britax Boulevard 70 by the Ford dealer and found that it will fit RF with room for me to squeeze in the passenger seat in front of it. I'm 5'11" and had about 1/2" of room at my knees. With a smaller passenger this would be no problem RF.

I hope this might help!

U

Unregistered

Does anyone know if you can put a rf car seat in the middle back seat position?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC