Graco/Evenflo infant seat/base compatibility

selinajean

I just read on facebook, twice, that Graco and Evenflo seats and bases are compatible. Is this true? I have never heard of that before and I thought they were different parent companies which would make even less sense to me.

ADS

MonkeySauce

I had both an Evenflo infant seat and a Graco for my other car, and I can tell you after one very puzzled morning when I couldn't figure out why the car seat wouldn't clip in, that they are not compatible. :ROTFLMAO: I finally figured out I had buckled the baby into the wrong seat. There was no way it would have ever fit, I tried and tried, like an idiot. :p

selinajean

:(

i don't think you will ever find info on that selina, i just suggested it because i was given a graco seat, and the two fit well in each other's bases. they also fit into each other's strollers. my graco double stroller does fit an evenflo infant seat well. i'm sure they are the same company anyways
it's like the argument about not buying carseats in the US (which this isn't). Are kids in the USA less safe than our kids? or are Canadian retailers just wanting to charge an extra $100 on average?

*sigh*

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
Poor crash test baby in that seat/base combo.

Graco bases are not even compatible with other Graco seats (Snugride 22 not compatible with Safeseat/Snugride 35, etc) - why would they work with a completely different brand? Same thing with Evenflo - they have made a large variety of seats with very different bases that connect to the seats in different ways, not interchangeable at all.

Strollers are a different story, not to mention that strollers don't (usually) need to hold the carseat to the frame at crash forces. They are usually much more interchangeable.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC