Britax 70's rfing legroom?

melniemi

I didn't see info about this in the blog. Has it been checked out yet? Is there more legroom than the original Britax seats? Thanks

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I hope to answer this with comparison photos in the next couple weeks. It looks like it might be a little better, but I really can't tell until I get together with someone who has an original version.

melniemi

Thanks for the pics. When ma is installed rfing, the adjuster part is not touching the back of the seat so it kinda adds to the legroom, if you know what I mean. I'm so torn! lol

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
FYI - I have more pics of the MA70 installed rf with kids that I'll be posting in one of my earlier MA70 blog posts shortly. It seemed silly to make a new blog entry for them when I already have 3 MA70 blogs posted so I'm just going to add them to Part II (hopefully tonight). Special thanks to Erika (lilypadmom) for letting me borrow her two beautiful DDs for this photo shoot.

Athena

FYI - I have more pics of the MA70 installed rf with kids that I'll be posting in one of my earlier MA70 blog posts shortly. It seemed silly to make a new blog entry for them when I already have 3 MA70 blogs posted so I'm just going to add them to Part II (hopefully tonight). Special thanks to Erika (lilypadmom) for letting me borrow her two beautiful DDs for this photo shoot.

Will your pics and post help provide an answer to that burning question about the shell height and how that will affect when children will outgrow the seat by height rear facing? Please? Pretty please? :)

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Will your pics and post help provide an answer to that burning question about the shell height and how that will affect when children will outgrow the seat by height rear facing? Please? Pretty please? :)

If not, I hope mine will. I think I will have photos of a couple 35-40 pounds kids within 2 weeks or less if all goes according to schedule!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Wow I'm surprised! She's about the the same height as my 5yo DS but clearly more in the legs than torso based on these pics. To me it looks like you even measured a bit conservatively for the 1" rule- if the ruler was perpendicular I think it would be a bit more than an inch? ;-)

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Yeah, she's definitely a leggy 45". As far as measuring for the 1" rule - I tried to be accurate but it's all so subjective. Regardless, she's close to outgrowing it in the RF position either way (by wt or ht) and she's close to outgrowing it by ht in the FF position too.

melniemi

The baby's legs look like they almost fill the seat already. Do you think it has more legroom than the old marathon?

Thanks

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Based on measurements alone - it should. But it's going to take some direct side-by-side, installed-in-the-vehicle comparison shots before we can tell how much more leg room we really should expect. Hopefully Darren will be able to provide those types of comparison pics in the near future.

Momof4Girls

Does this particular 5 y/o fit, by height, in the current MA? (Disclaimer: It is misuse for this particular 5 y/o to ride in the current MA RF regardless, since their weight is over 35lbs!)

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
According to her Mom (who is also a tech) - she has just about outgrown her FPSVD (same shell as the DC and RA50 I believe) by height. HTH!

LilypadMom

Senior Community Member
Does this particular 5 y/o fit, by height, in the current MA? (Disclaimer: It is misuse for this particular 5 y/o to ride in the current MA RF regardless, since their weight is over 35lbs!)

I have a FPSVD and a Boulevard. I just put the FPSVD in the car to check and her shoulders are exactly even with the top slots ff'ing. They way she has been growing lately (and eating) I give her 1 more week before she is definitely above. She is VERY leggy though, I was able to keep her rf'ing in the Boulevard until she hit 33 pounds and was 3 years 5 months.

I couldn't find the Boulevard to check the harness height on that, but my husband just told me where it was so I can go put her in it if anyone needs me to. Did you want me to see if she would still fit in the FPSVD by height rf'ing?

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
The crotch strap on the MA70 is actually longer than the one on the original MA (comparison pic in that same blog). Baby was wearing a thick cloth diaper in those pics so she was super padded and that may be why it appears that way.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC