my carseat find! (i hope this is the right spot)

Jennee

i went to the grocery store and passed a salvation army drop off bin that had stuff piled around it, i always look to see whats there, today i found a carseat so i brought it home to destroy.
DSCF7899.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCF7898.jpg
[/IMG]

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Nice! I have things set up with my Salvation Army. They call me to pick up donated seats.

BrendansMommy

I'm not saying it was a bad idea, but isn't it illegal to take something from a charity's collection bin?

I'm glad that seat won't be in use, though.

Jennee

i did end up destroying the seat, i took a sledge hammer to it, that seat was tough! it took a few mins if smashing to get the shield part to break and it was only 1 side that broke off! but it is now destroyed and disposed of and no other child can ever use that seat again!

Keeanh

They were still making those things in 2001?? I was PO'd when MIL bought an overhead shield for me in '98. I tried to get the receipt to return it because I'd done my research & knew 5-pt harnesses were far superior. She got all huffy and said she would keep it for her car and I could buy my own seat :rolleyes:. Um, yeah, that's what I was gonna do anyways. Sigh...

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
They were still making those things in 2001?? I was PO'd when MIL bought an overhead shield for me in '98. I tried to get the receipt to return it because I'd done my research & knew 5-pt harnesses were far superior. She got all huffy and said she would keep it for her car and I could buy my own seat :rolleyes:. Um, yeah, that's what I was gonna do anyways. Sigh...

Yes. MIL was given an OHS Comfort Sport to use for my children and SIL's kids that JUST expired in December.... I took an AX to it. :whistle:

soygurl

Dude... they were still making OHS seats just a couple years ago! As in, a few were still avaliable for sale last year. Yeah. :thumbsdown:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC