target new car seat isle

Cryssy Jane

I know it's been talked about a bit here about how target has remodeled some of their car seat isles. My target (yes mine, I claim it :p) has recently changed theirs as well. At the end of the isle there's a display box with information on it. So of that information is rather outdated (ex... infant seats only go to 22lbs:thumbsdown:). I took pictures and spoke to a manager, the manager said they are willing to negotiate changing the sign to current information if they are presented with the information to take to corporate.

So anyone not seen this sign and need me to upload pictures so that we can get them some current information?

ADS

icnee

My Target was doing the isle today they said it will be done tomarrow, can you post the pic so I know what I am looking for. Thanks

lanwenyi

My Target is also re-doing the car seat aisle right now. Although I was told 3 days before it would be done (as of this morning). I'd also like to know what I should be looking for.

DahliaRW

It's a HUGE sign with a growth chart on it. You can't miss it. I saw it, but didn't have my camera. And going back to Target to just take a picture would probably end up costing me at least $50 in random merchandise I don't really need right now. ;)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Dude, they carry 2 seats IN THEIR OWN STORE (or did last I checked-- haven't seen the new selection) that are infant seats that go to 35 lbs. And now, at least 3 convertibles that rear-face to 40 lbs. And at least 2 (maybe more?) seats that harness to 65 lbs.

(And this is a teeny thing. But an isle is an island. A store has aisles. ;) )

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Might that not be the best ammo? To take photographs of the sign, and then photographs of *their* merchandise, in their stores (the limits, etc) and send it all as a packet?

I haven't seen the sign yet, but I can go to Target tonight after work and take a peek. My Target(s) seem to always be just a bit behind the rest of them, though. They're definitely undergoing the cleanout right now, albeit maybe not so much the sales, lol.

How did you go about talking to the manager? Go to customer service, ask for him/her, and then id yourself as a tech and explain why you have concerns? Is that something that multiple of us should do in various stores, so corporate hears it from more than one corner?

icnee

How did you go about talking to the manager? Go to customer service, ask for him/her, and then id yourself as a tech and explain why you have concerns? Is that something that multiple of us should do in various stores, so corporate hears it from more than one corner?

That sounds like a good idea to me.

DahliaRW

Dude, they carry 2 seats IN THEIR OWN STORE (or did last I checked-- haven't seen the new selection) that are infant seats that go to 35 lbs. And now, at least 3 convertibles that rear-face to 40 lbs. And at least 2 (maybe more?) seats that harness to 65 lbs.

(And this is a teeny thing. But an isle is an island. A store has aisles. ;) )

Ironically, the sign at my store was right next to the Nautilus!

christineka

I'd like to see this sign. Target is far from me, so I don't go very often, especially when I'm trying not to spend money.

Cryssy Jane

Ok I'll upload pictures at nap time. They're from my phone so not the best but it should help.

As far as talking to a manager, I spoke to the woman working in the baby section and she had no idea what I was talking about, so she 2 wayed the manager to come talk to me.

Sorry about the spelling. I wasn't sure and even googled... fail :(

NannyMom

I saw it at Target this weekend. I was really disapointed. RF to 22 pounds, FF to 40, then to a booster. IIRC, there may have been general age ranges that were disapointing too, but I don't remember.

tarabelle

I think the best thing to do is contact Target Corporate. Store signage is sent to each store by corporate not decided upon by each individual manager. The manager is usually powerless to do anything.

District and Regional managers, corporate Target.. those are the people that can probably execute the changes needed.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I didn't see anyone mention the picture of the child on the sign that is not strapped in correctly. I overlooked the top infant seat # information b/c really it wasn't a big deal since it did go on to say rfing in a convertible next. What did bother we was their top # for rfing convertible was 30#, when most of their seats now go to 40#, or at least 35#. I guess since they do have 1 that goes to 30# they just stuck w/ the lowest. I did contemplate writing on the sign, lol. It did mention that Drs reccomend rfing for as long as their seat allows though. 4 and 40# is our low reccomendation for boosters as well so I didn't think much about that either. It's better than the 1yo and 30# Dorel has on their seats.

kaleigh71

Everyone get a sharpie and go write over the signs. If questioned by an employee, point it out to them. I doubt they would notice anyway, lol.

J/K. Sort of. But not really. You don't know me and I didn't say to deface the signs... :whistle:

Pixels

I noticed it today. It even says "The best carseat is the one that fits your child, fits your vehicle, and is used correctly every time." Directly over the pic of the baby with questionable harness.

The other MAJOR thing I noticed about that sign is that RFing infant seats and convertibles go 12-29 inches, and forward facing convertibles are 34-43 inches. I guess kids 29-34 inches ride in nothing?

And the backless Turbos ALREADY HAD THE SCREWS IN! I was so shocked. There were three of them hanging on the wall, already assembled, already screwed on the lower armrest setting. I was so shocked. I took a pic.

And "Britax Marathon Classic" is apparently a Britax term. It's printed right on the tags on the seat, and on the cover. Took a pic of that, too.

Notaclue

Have you all seen the car seat selector on the Target website?? It also says Safety Stage 1
Infant Car Seat
Infant

5-22 lbs*, 19-29 in

but if you click it is says:

Rear-Facing Position Only (car seat functions as a carrier and snaps in and out of a stay-in-car base)

• Refer to your vehicle and car seat owner's manual for proper installation
• Know your state and local car seat laws to understand how long your child should remain in the rear-facing position
*All Safety Stage 1 seats are safe for children from 5-22 lbs. A few seats within Safety Stage 1 are also safe for children outside the range listed.

I was playing with it the other night, and if I am remembering it correctly it reccomended appropriate seats for my kids.

crunchierthanthou

And the backless Turbos ALREADY HAD THE SCREWS IN! I was so shocked. There were three of them hanging on the wall, already assembled, already screwed on the lower armrest setting. I was so shocked. I took a pic.

me too! I noticed it today. I've been on vacation, so I'm not sure if anyone else has already posted this.

0730100952-1.jpg

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
We've had a couple screws-in-the-turbos threads. :thumbsup: I'm excited that Graco seems to be FINALLY addressing this issue after years of complaints on our part.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC