Question XT vs XTSL

LuvMyGirls

I did a search and the only answers I found were what I already thought. I thought the only differences in the XT and XTSL were the rear-facing limits and the super latch. I want a new cover for my XT, but the SKJP site only shows XT covers for sale and they say they will not fit an XT. What's the deal?

ADS

Pixels

The only differences that we usually care about are the weight limits, SuperLATCH, and a different harness. There may also be a difference in the cover, particularly in the snap. Some people have been able to mix and match; others haven't.

AtTheSouthDam

What Pixels said. When they went to SL they reveresed the snaps so you will have two male ends meeting on your seat. Seeing as how mine never stayed snapped to begin with I never had a problem switching the covers (but my two were and 80 and 65SL). The part that snaps down tends to stay tucked away prett well with out it.
If it were me I would go ahead and try the XTSL cover.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Half the time the snaps aren't snapped on mine anyway, so if it doesn't bug you it will work.

LuvMyGirls

Well, if those snaps are the only problem, I may be able to deal with it. My Malibu cover faded so badly within three months and now that it's a year old, I'd really like a new cover with some girly color to it.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
Well, if those snaps are the only problem, I may be able to deal with it. My Malibu cover faded so badly within three months and now that it's a year old, I'd really like a new cover with some girly color to it.

what kind of vehicle and did you have tinted windows? (just being nosy)

LuvMyGirls

My snaps snap just fine on the Malibu. It's just the faded cover that's driving me crazy. I did ask Russ about the XTSL covers not fitting and he said what y'all did. He said they've changed the snaps but the cover will fit fine. He said if I fold/unfold the seat I may have to adjust the fit of the cover on the side.

So, those of you who have Flora or Petal covers, has the color stayed true? I can't decide which one I want now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC