Question Which compact convertible?

T4K

I'm expecting my first baby in December...yay!! I am planning on getting through the first 3 months in a bucket (probably the chicco) due to the snowy winter season, gotta love living at 6800 feet! After that I'm looking at some of the more compact convertibles for the new LO. I absolutely will ERF but will cross that bridge when the LO outgrows the compact convertible. :) I am looking at the Coccoro and the new Roundabout, assuming it may fit a 3-4 month old. Looks like it may be better than the old ones as far as fitting infants.

We travel ALOT by plane. At least once a month. This is to go see my stepdaughters (ages 3 and 7) and for various other reasons. This means LOTS of different rental cars and dealing with tiny airplane seats.

My 3 yo SD is FF in a Marathon and the 7 yo is in backless booster (cringe :mad:). I love that the Marathon has installed well in almost EVERY vehicle that it has been in (you name it, we've rented it). So I'm wondering if the RA will be just as easy? The Coccoro just looks nicer for a little babe but am worried about installation in a variety of vehicles...easily. I'm not a car seat tech and don't always have one to my disposal when travelling. I also want something compact to ease the 2 convertibles and a booster situation.

And if it makes any difference I have a 2009 Toyota Corolla and a 2008 Lincoln Navigator at home.

So new RA or Cocorro or something else? I know there's not a lotta love for Britax but I LOVE how easy they install in a variety of vehicles. Looking for your expertise!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'd go with the Coccoro. It's narrow for a three across, fits newborns, and fits really well on planes.

Wendy

T4K

Do you think a non-techie such as myself could install it in a variety of vehicles? I do well with the MA installs and it's honestly all I have ever installed (in a million different cars, too). I really want it to work but don't want to find myself in a bad situation with a rental. Maybe just always carry some foam with me?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I think it's pretty easy. It's got the European routing, which I like, and I find the fastest to do. I've installed it that way quickly and easily in four or five cars so far (including one NYC taxi for a three across). It's different, so it'll take a little learning curve, but it's pretty easy once you know how to do it.

Wendy

petriescz

Not a tech but we love our Learning Curve True Fit-just the regular one. You can detach the headrest for a baby under 22lbs and under the height line on the seat so it is pretty compact. I have found it very easy to install and it has it's owm lock offs built in. We recently traveled with it, with the headrest, and found it easy to install on our various flights and installed it in many different cars on our vacation.

T4K

I think it's pretty easy. It's got the European routing, which I like, and I find the fastest to do.

Hmm...I googled this and didn't find much but found the manual and I think I understand what you mean. Maybe I'll order one before the LO arrives and install it in the car of every person I know. :D

T4K

You can detach the headrest for a baby under 22lbs and under the height line on the seat so it is pretty compact.

I'll definitely check this out, then. Thanks for the info! I have read good things on this board about the True Fit.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The True Fit is small front to back, but it's WIDE. I don't know that it would work with a booster and a carseat in many cars. I have a True Fit, and if I need a three across in my car I put in the Coccoro, or put Piper in her vest.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC