Sit and Stand Stroller Help

Mandy1016

I am 12 weeks pregnant with our 2nd baby, and we have a 3 year old son. I know I want a Sit n Stand b/c my oldest loves to walk sometimes but he gets tired easily. So now I just have to decide, which one. My newborn will be in an infant carrier. I know someone who has a Joovy Caboose Lightweight for sale but I wanted to get people's reviews or opinions before I bought buy one.

Any Help would be really great, I feel lost and confused after goggling soo much.

ADS

LP Mom

I prefer an actual single stroller with a toddler board. That way you will have a nicer stroller and your older DC can still ride. I have a MB Swift and a Valco Hitch Hiker for my 3 yo and 1 yo, but I have also heard that the Valco HH works great with a BJCM.

Lemonade

We've been very happy with our joovy ultralight. I never used it with an infant carrier though. That does make the child in back have a little less room because the seat is reclined. They also make an ergo caboose which allows the baby to be in the back while in the infant carrier and the older child can use the real seat. No personal experience with that and it's heavier and more expensive. But I can't say enough good things about the ultralight. It's been perfect for us.

dragonfly8

I had a joovy ultralight and I loved it. I used it with my Graco Safeseat and my toddler in the back. The only complaints I have is that the basket underneath is small (which is not a huge deal) and the front seat is not all that large, so it's outgrown faster than a "normal" stroller. This said, it's a fantastic stroller!

mom2kk

I have a joovy Caboose (not ultralight) and also use it with my Safeseat occupied by infant and then 3 y/o who wants to ride all the time because the novelty has not worn off! But I am definitely glad its the sit n stand vs a front/back double stroller. That said, I am attempting to replace the Joovy sit n stand stroller because its just too darn big in my trunk. I have a Taurus and it's so long with the infant seat attachment it has to go diaganol across the trunk pretty much making the rest of the trunk useless. Even without the infant attachment, its still too long, the attachment just adds 4 inches or so. The SnS also takes up the entire floor area of my Suburban's cargo hold, I have to prop it on end if Im going to have it in there with anything else, then it tips over onto the other items in the cargo hold. So while I like having the infant in the carrier aspect, I am looking at double umbrella strollers and bought a used Maclaren Twin and ordered a Baby Jogger Micro Double, hoping to be happier with one of them. Haven't done trials with them yet. For times I want her in her Safeseat and are just short in/out errands or without big sister along, I bought one of the frame car seat carrier strollers. I do a LOT of "musical strollers" stroller moving/load/unloading now and just haven't found my happy option yet unfortunately.
If you're set on the SnS aspect, the research I had done before buying was that the Joovy ones were best overall. IMO ultralight vs regular doesn't matter, its a bulky stroller and pain to put in/out of the trunks and the 3 or 4 pounds doesn't make a difference worth the extra $$. But I know some people disagree think it IS worth the $$.
If the 2 twin umbrella styles fail to make me happy, my next attempt will be getting a buggy board or the Pliko P3...though I do prefer to keep the 3 y/o with a sit option for at least another year.

Rosey

I can tell you about the Ergo. My sister was between the ultralight and ergo for this baby. She has a large 3.5yo. She got an awesome deal so she went for the Ergo. It is very nice. The infant seat goes in back and is almost at the level of the handle giving the older child some time in the front seat (which is nice cause her DD1 runs to the stroller screaming I want to sit in front)!

Anyway, it has rear air tires making it heavy, BUT pushes with one hand. The basket underneath is huge and the rear seat flips up for total access. It takes up most of her cargo space and for a long trip she takes the tires off to make more room.

In hindsight, she probably would have also like a BJCMicroDouble but at the time she was sold on a sit n stand and the ability to snap in the car seat. I dont think I would buy any sit n stand besides joovy UL or Ergo.

ETA: for the PP, I have the P3 and my DNi can only stand on it for a few minutes at a time. The board is smaller than a buggy board and it isn't very ergonomic for her to hold on and the canopy gets in the way.

Mandy1016

Thank You for all the tips, I was trying to figure out the cheapest way since we are in the military and don't make a lot but maybe cheapest isn't the best. My son will be 4 in September so I thought a SnS would be easiest for everyone. Urgh so many darn decisions to make.

3acorns4Christy

See I cannot stand our sit n stand. We thought we'd love it and really we don't. My son, 4, likes to walk but doesn't like when he sits or stands he's in full sun.
We also have a huge graco double, great until he was 4 and it became way too heavy. I bought a Tike Tech Cityx3 double and LOVE it. Hands down best purchase for a stroller. He has tons of room, it's huge but it fits everywhere, very easy to push and the full coverage shade. With the ability to run with it, DH is a marathon runner so that is a huge perk giving him a kiddo and saying "go" with a stroller that can handle it.

Hindsight on all those purchases would have been just go for the Tike Tech and skip the rest.
My son will probably be a strollered kid for a few more years because he copies his sister.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC