Question ok so yesterday was full of horror and fear!

momma2kda

I know a girl who back 5 or 6 years ago we were pretty close. Well we grew apart and now we both have little boys with birthdays 1 month and 5 days apart and were talking more again. Well last night I saw her at a friends get together and as she was leaving I walked out with her to her mothers car with her(keep in mind my friend has never been around kids and her oldest brother is now 13 or 14 if that tells you how long ago its been for her mother.) and they put the baby in a evenflo big kid booster with the seat belt wrapped around the back of the booster back.. So now I am wondering what you all think I still have my old cosco touriva that I no longer use and I was wondering what the risk of the notches are compared to the evenflo big kid?

I mean when I saw that 11 month old baby in the booster like that it scared the poo out of me!!! I was speechless! I was ready to run to my car to get her the extra seat I had in there from the baby I had yesterday morning!! But money wise i cannot afford that.

please help me.

ADS

ericarizo

Look up the carseat laws for your state. Then tell her what they are. If she is breaking the law she needs to know it. If she continues to do it then she needs to be reported.

Pixels

If your Touriva has the notches, I would not give it to her or anyone else. Worst case scenario, you could be held liable for knowingly providing a dangerous seat.

Try to just bring it up. Hey, I noticed you had X in a booster. Is that even legal? Then depending how she responds, you can "look it up" later, and bring it up again.

momma2kda

If your Touriva has the notches, I would not give it to her or anyone else. Worst case scenario, you could be held liable for knowingly providing a dangerous seat.

Try to just bring it up. Hey, I noticed you had X in a booster. Is that even legal? Then depending how she responds, you can "look it up" later, and bring it up again.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Im not sure if it is I can't find any pictures but I think it it. That's why I quit using it. Also thank you i never thought of going about it like that. I mean my son is freshly 1 year and 24 pounds and baby in booster does not feel like he weighs as much as my son but they look to be about the same size just K(my son) looks thinner and maybe a couple inches taller.

You know her mother is helping her and I understand that 13 or 14 years ago putting your child in a booster when they out grow the infant seat. But now days people come on! Get with the time! She's a great mother don't get me wrong. But come on why do people think they make harnessed seats FF and RF? I believe that even if they FF him that's still safer than a booster!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC