Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Radian install question

Has anyone successfully installed a radian ff on the 3rd row bench of a 2005 montana (lap belt only) . I am considering purchasing one to make more room for the times I need 5 children in the van. To my understanding this seat performs well untethered?

Also, It would be great if it would fit in the captain's chairs rf and ff too.
    THANKS

I know there is a successful install thread..I am not very computer savy, but I wasn't able to come up with answers there
    Last edited by mamom; 07-25-2010 at 03:54 PM. Reason: more info

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Radian install question

BUMP...any idea whether it will fit back there?

Senior Community Member melniemi's Avatar

I drive an 02 Chevy Venture which is very similar to your van. I got a great install ffing in the center of the third row. Tight to fit anything on the sides but a pw did fit - hard to buckle and I'm guessing a harmony backless would fit.

It fit awesome on the modular seats in the middle row rfing outboard and center. I had my captain's chairs taken out so I didn't try them. I'm guessing they'd work with latch but not with a seatbelt because of how forward of the bight the buckles are - and they are ridgid and angled too (at least mine are)

5. Thank You from:

I find the older the car, the scarier the belt situation the better that the Radian does, lol. I have had no issues getting it installed FF with a lap belt only in any car I have tried.

Crystal, CPST Mama to Zoe 11/30/2006 , Ollie 1/3/2010 , Eli 9/24/2012 and Baby Isabel 7/23/2015

7. Thank You from: