Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Unhappy Button on Latch stuck - can't get seat out of car - Evenflo Triumph

We have the Evenflo Triumph DLX. It is currently installed rear facing and we want to turn it around. Problem is that I can't get the set out of the car! I push the gray button on the latch thing and it doesn't give way. Stays just a tight. My thumbs are sore from pushing it so much and trying to push the loose end through to get it to loosen.

Any tips? Any workarounds if the button is stuck?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Button on Latch stuck - can't get seat out of car - Evenflo Triumph

maybe try sitting in the seat so the latch belt has some slack... other than that, i dunno... lol.. im not much help... has your kiddo outgrown the seat rear facing?
    mommy to Mariya Adysen 11/28/07
    Austin Chase 06/30/09

Senior Community Member unityco's Avatar

Yes, I've found that sometimes you need to release some slack on the belts before the button will depress (or you need to use a LOT of force.) Usually I'm able to get the tightening mechanism to loosen just enough to get the buttons to release.

HTH

Senior Community Member lpperry's Avatar

I love installing my EFTA, but I always have the same problem when taking it out!

Sit/kneel on the side of the seat where the latch button is. The EFTA will tilt and the seat of the car will compress. Then you will have slack in the latch webbing and you will be able to press the button to release the tension.

Oliver (5 years) ff Radian RXT, Claudia (3 1/2 years) rf Radian RXT, Avery (2 years months) rf Coccoro, Vivian (3-14) rf Coccoro, Madeline (9) Literider,

Unregistered

Thank you for your responses.

Yes - I have tried it while sitting in the seat. The belt has slack, but the button still will not depress. It goes down a tiny bit but nothing happens, so I think it's just wiggling.

At least I feel better knowing that it is hard for other people too.

Unregistered

Red face Re: Button on Latch stuck - can't get seat out of car - Evenflo Triumph

I got it out! Just wanted to update in case someone else does a search.

Apparently I don't weigh enough. (115lbs) I was able to get it by having my pregnant friend sit in it and wiggle and lean it.

So if anyone else has trouble, find the heaviest person you can and have them sit in your child's car seat. (I guess i can see why they don't write that in the instruction manual)

Good~ glad you were able to get the LATCH undone.

Are you willing to share your child's age/weight? If your child has not outgrown the seat rear-facing, are you aware of the recommendations to keep kids rear-facing to the limit of the seat?

We love to help keep kids as safe as possible - thanks for coming here for help and keep asking if you need more information!
    Renee
    CPST-I and Special Needs Trained
    Mom to 22yo seatbelt, 17yo seatbelt, 10yo Parkway, Harmony, or Big Kid, 10yo Parkway, Harmony, or Big Kid

Unregistered

Ok I’m 200 lbs and I sat on the seat and still can’t get it unlatched. The red button won’t depress at all. I pressed until I had severe pains in my palm from pressing so hard. I still can’t get the seat out.

GoodDad

We have a Graco seat and are dealing with the same situation. (I weight 230lbs. and putting my full weights doesn’t seem to do anything. I will post if I find out something that may help anyone.

CPS Technician

If the vehicle seat back is able to recline, try reclining it to add some extra slack to the lower anchor strap. Those Graco ones can definitely be tricky even without tension on the strap.

Unregistered

We had the same issue and ended up cutting the strap to get the seat out of the car. There are replacement straps on Amazon for $12.

Carseat Crazy

Please do not use aftermarket straps that did not come with the seat. Call the manufacturer and they will likely send a replacement for free!
    -Reta
    Former CPST
    Mom of V, born 6/2014, FF in a Pioneer and Boulevard G4
    G dog, rescued 6/2016, in a belted SturdiBag