Question Button on Latch stuck - can't get seat out of car - Evenflo Triumph

U

Unregistered

We have the Evenflo Triumph DLX. It is currently installed rear facing and we want to turn it around. Problem is that I can't get the set out of the car! I push the gray button on the latch thing and it doesn't give way. Stays just a tight. My thumbs are sore from pushing it so much and trying to push the loose end through to get it to loosen.

Any tips? Any workarounds if the button is stuck?

ADS

ame0312

maybe try sitting in the seat so the latch belt has some slack... other than that, i dunno... lol.. im not much help... has your kiddo outgrown the seat rear facing?

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Yes, I've found that sometimes you need to release some slack on the belts before the button will depress (or you need to use a LOT of force.) Usually I'm able to get the tightening mechanism to loosen just enough to get the buttons to release.

HTH :)

lpperry

I love installing my EFTA, but I always have the same problem when taking it out!

Sit/kneel on the side of the seat where the latch button is. The EFTA will tilt and the seat of the car will compress. Then you will have slack in the latch webbing and you will be able to press the button to release the tension.

U

Unregistered

Thank you for your responses.

Yes - I have tried it while sitting in the seat. The belt has slack, but the button still will not depress. It goes down a tiny bit but nothing happens, so I think it's just wiggling.

At least I feel better knowing that it is hard for other people too.

:)

U

Unregistered

I got it out! Just wanted to update in case someone else does a search.

Apparently I don't weigh enough. (115lbs) I was able to get it by having my pregnant friend sit in it and wiggle and lean it.

So if anyone else has trouble, find the heaviest person you can and have them sit in your child's car seat. (I guess i can see why they don't write that in the instruction manual)

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
Good~ glad you were able to get the LATCH undone.

Are you willing to share your child's age/weight? If your child has not outgrown the seat rear-facing, are you aware of the recommendations to keep kids rear-facing to the limit of the seat?

We love to help keep kids as safe as possible - thanks for coming here for help and keep asking if you need more information!

U

Unregistered

Ok I’m 200 lbs and I sat on the seat and still can’t get it unlatched. The red button won’t depress at all. I pressed until I had severe pains in my palm from pressing so hard. I still can’t get the seat out.

G

GoodDad

We have a Graco seat and are dealing with the same situation. (I weight 230lbs. and putting my full weights doesn’t seem to do anything. I will post if I find out something that may help anyone.

aporthole

If the vehicle seat back is able to recline, try reclining it to add some extra slack to the lower anchor strap. Those Graco ones can definitely be tricky even without tension on the strap.

U

Unregistered

We had the same issue and ended up cutting the strap to get the seat out of the car. There are replacement straps on Amazon for $12.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC