Would you replace this seat?

lmd123

We have a 3 year old Britax Companion. Against my wishes :)mad:) DH stored it in a damp basement for a number of months (I thought he put it in an upstairs storage closet!). It smells pretty mildewy.

I called Britax, and they still have replacement straps/buckles available for the Companion for only $22.

If I wipe down the seat well with a damp cloth (with a little vinegar, maybe?) to remove the mildew from the plastic, wash the cover and canopy, and replace the straps, would I be able to still use the seat for a future baby? Or, is there a risk that the foam and plastic has been damaged by the dampness and mildew?

I have a feeling it's the latter :thumbsdown:. But, before I get too disappointed, I wanted to check in with all of you here.

TIA!

ADS

Pixels

I wouldn't worry about the foam and plastic, unless you can't get the mildew off. Often the foam is replaceable. What about the harness adjuster strap? Sometimes they're replaceable, sometimes they're not.

lmd123

I wouldn't worry about the foam and plastic, unless you can't get the mildew off. Often the foam is replaceable. What about the harness adjuster strap? Sometimes they're replaceable, sometimes they're not.

Hmm, I didn't think about the adjuster strap. I'll call on that too.

I suppose the upside to not being able to use this seat again is that I would have a great excuse for buying a Cherry Pie Coccoro for the next babe! :p

Thank you for the advice!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC