Do Locking Clips Slip?

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I kinda thought that was contrary to the whole point of them. :confused: We've been away, and our van was parked for 3 weeks. No one used it. We came back, and the previously tightly installed (with a LC) Nautilus was loose. :scratcheshead: What happened?

ADS

Mae

The gnomes broke into your car and took it for a spin, and attempted to steal your GN. Then of course, they had some mild remorse and tried to return them, but due to their poor car seat installation experience, they have left some slack in the seat belt.

I mean, it's the only possible explanation. :shrug-shoulders:

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
The gnomes broke into your car and took it for a spin, and attempted to steal your GN. Then of course, they had some mild remorse and tried to return them, but due to their poor car seat installation experience, they have left some slack in the seat belt.

I mean, it's the only possible explanation. :shrug-shoulders:

Ah, that explains it, lol. ;)

Was it a relatively new installation?

I guess. I had just moved it back to the second row the day before. I haven't had issues like that before, though.

Pixels

I find that usually a new installation loosens up for the first couple of weeks. The seat cushions compress, and/or the vehicle belt/LATCH strap relaxes or something. I've had it happen with LATCH, with seatbelt installs, locking at the retractor, and using a locking clip.

I just pay attention to it, reinstalling as needed until everything settles. I notice it when I give the seat a shake before putting DD in.

I am convinced my passat is haunted, I swear to you that the car seat harnesses are fine and then a day later I go out and they are all twisted and tangled... someone likes playing tricks on me..one day they were all re buckled.. the harnesses.. wth? Oh well better in the car that hubs drives than the one I drive.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC