extra seat in the Ody?

kaceylauren

We're looking at 8 seater Siennas, but I'm intrigued by the Ody with the extra "jump seat" inbetween the captains chairs in the second row. Is it that really usable as a seat? Does it have LATCH? Could a car seat fit there?

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I have fit a radian and a snugride there. It is small, but usable. I would rather have the Ody over a Sienna.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I find them more user friendly when dealing with radians. Well, also, with the Sienna, the seat backs have to be adjuster for car seat use. 5 clicks for the front. 11 clicks for the back. It would drive me crazy.

NannyMom

It doesn't have latch or a tether. So it'd be best for a rear facing seat.

What years are you looking at? In 2011 they changed the Sienna design and I don't like it (But I :love: my 2008 Sienna).

kaceylauren

It doesn't have latch or a tether. So it'd be best for a rear facing seat.

What years are you looking at? In 2011 they changed the Sienna design and I don't like it (But I :love: my 2008 Sienna).

2005-2010. Of course I hated that they took out all the LATCH anchors in the new one. What were they thinking?!

2006-2008 would probably match our price range and mileage requirements. We have a friend who has a car lot. He's going to auctions for us to find whatever we want, so we can be pretty picky, as long as we're patient. We're trading our '05 DGC. It's been great, but we're getting up there in mileage and don't want to risk losing value on trading it in. Plus we've just always wanted to get back to driving Hondas or Toyotas. Everyone I know who has an Ody loves it. We drove a Sienna for a week at Disney World and loved it there, and we had the three kids, my husband, me, and both his parents. We were always comfortable riding together in that 8 seater.

NannyMom

If you're looking for an 8 passenger, I'd go with the Sienna. The Sienna's 8th seat is nearly full size, and has LATCH. But I believe the Odyssey has 3 tether anchors in the 3rd row, and the Sienna only has 2 (both 8 passenger vans have 5 tether anchors).

kaceylauren

If you're looking for an 8 passenger, I'd go with the Sienna. The Sienna's 8th seat is nearly full size, and has LATCH. But I believe the Odyssey has 3 tether anchors in the 3rd row, and the Sienna only has 2 (both 8 passenger vans have 5 tether anchors).

And that would be fine. We can deal with three in the middle row and two in the back (Sienna) or three in the back row and two in the middle (Ody). The reason I'm kind of switching back and forth between the vans is that our friend says there are lots of Odys at auction right now, but he's having trouble finding the Sienna for us. So we'll probably be telling him to get either one, whichever he can get for the best deal with the best features. I don't think I can go back to standard doors after having power with my GC, though! So nice! Right now, the Sienna is our first choice since we drove one before and really loved it. I hated to take it back to the rental place when our vacation was over!

kanga

We had an 2007 odyssey and I felt the jumpseat was uselss for a carseat. It is good for a small child that doesn't need a carseat or a very tiny adult. I can't imagine a carseat in that spot. We have a 2011 honda pilot and the 8th seat is way bigger than the odyssey's.

momto3girls

Senior Community Member
I have an '06 ody and love it! Normally the extra seat is taken out and the two captains chair are pushed together. That leaves enough room for people to get to the third row. We have used the extra seat when my parents are visiting. I've sat in the extra seat and for short trips around town it's ok. I wouldn't want to sit there for a long period of time. My 10 year old niece also sat there and she was fine.

I've fit a rf fpsvd, rf coccoro and monterey there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC