It's scary how well she fits (pic)

glockchick

Almost 4 years old in a Turbo booster and it wasn't even on the lowest setting. :eek:

IMG_0007.jpg

I had to pick them up from day care in this because someone forgot to hang the covers on the other seats out to dry. :rolleyes: I'd taken them out of the car to get the car cleaned and decided to wash car seat covers while I had them out. Lesson learned. Don't wash all the seat covers at once. :p

She is no where near mature enough for a booster though. Even with locking the belt I had to keep telling her to sit right.

ADS

TheQueenMother

It's almost scary when you realize that your baby is big enough to fit in a booster isn't it?
My dd is 5 and really rides well in a booster but I am just not ready for her to be in one full time.

glockchick

It's almost scary when you realize that your baby is big enough to fit in a booster isn't it?
My dd is 5 and really rides well in a booster but I am just not ready for her to be in one full time.

Yep. :) Even having 4 do it before her doesn't make it easier.

oh wow that cover is really cute! I want it for Juliannas TB!!

I know, I love it! It's almost 6 years old now. That seat expires in September. You can bet I'll be saving the cover. I had another one but dh wrecked his car with it in it and instead of at least saving the cover, he just left it in the car. I was ticked. :mad:

glockchick

Pretty well. They're good for in the car. They'll still spill crumbs if kids hold them upside down and shake, but it's harder to spill em.

The only thing I'd love to see with them is a solid lid as well so stuff wouldn't get stale. :)

Mach Knockers

The snacktrap is smaller, but you can buy solid lids to go over the reach-in top.
Do you like your snacktrap? I looked at that one, too, at BRU. I've got a road trip coming up with 26 driving hours, one way. It seemed like a nice idea. I've the Aladdin ecycle snack container. But DD can't open it herself AND she'll dump it all out, if you give it to her open. :rolleyes:

Wiggles

On one hand, it is scary, but on the other, I find it heartening. At least the toddlers and preschoolers that are in boosters because their parents don't know what they're doing (I mean long-term, fulltime booster use, not occasional emergency use, obviously) have a half-chance of surviving a crash. Ideally, toddlers and preschoolers wouldn't be in boosters, but since they are, I'm glad that they might fit.

glockchick

On one hand, it is scary, but on the other, I find it heartening. At least the toddlers and preschoolers that are in boosters because their parents don't know what they're doing (I mean long-term, fulltime booster use, not occasional emergency use, obviously) have a half-chance of surviving a crash. Ideally, toddlers and preschoolers wouldn't be in boosters, but since they are, I'm glad that they might fit.

I see your point. :)

Back to the OT topic at hand, lol. Where can I find a snack trap? I don't have a BRU here. Does TRU carry it?

We're about to take a 6 hr trip each way as well, and while those will work, I'd love a lid for between uses.

kaceylauren

Oooo, we have those Munchkin things and love them. I need more actually.

Sorry to giggle, but I saw your adorable big boy in that girly seat and just had to giggle a bit. My son has to sit in a purple EFTA in my mom's car and it cracks me up every time. Mostly because he's a manly boy and will surely one day kill me if he sees pictures of himself in that seat. :whistle:

Splash

It's not scary at all. That seat was designed to safely restrain a 30lb 3yo. If it did not fit a child her age/size, then it would not be serving an intended purpose.

I have the munchkin snack holders. They're decent. Unless you're Sam, then you just turn it over and pull the flaps down and watch it all spill out. I think the Gerber ones would have served us better, since he wouldn't really be able to make a Froot Loop waterfall with them.

nmb

I think the Gerber ones would have served us better, since he wouldn't really be able to make a Froot Loop waterfall with them.

The lids don't stay on the Gerber ones very well, just FYI. I like the Munchkin one better for that very reason.

We also have one of these: http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=534737

I like it alot for something he can carry around and eat out of now. When we first got it though, he'd hold the orange part, had to teach him to hold onto the handles instead. No lid for it though.

Anne

It would 'scare' me in the sense that my little baby was growing up. But I'm glad the fit is so good since so many kiddos her age are in them full time!

We have a couple of the munchkin snack holders. They worked great at first, but then DD learned how to stick a couple fingers in to hold down a flap or two, and then she'd shake it upside down. So they were useless for several months. Now she knows better and they work great! I'd say it was from about 12-18 months old that we didn't use them.

glockchick

Oooo, we have those Munchkin things and love them. I need more actually.

Sorry to giggle, but I saw your adorable big boy in that girly seat and just had to giggle a bit. My son has to sit in a purple EFTA in my mom's car and it cracks me up every time. Mostly because he's a manly boy and will surely one day kill me if he sees pictures of himself in that seat. :whistle:

He loves to sit in the pink seats now. They'll make good blackmail pictures when he's older. :D

ks1978

On the other hand, it is great that it is a lowcost seat that seems to be the most popular, and fits kids well.

To further derail the thread, We have snack trap and munchkin snack thing, and prefer the munchkin. Our favorite snack holder though, is the munchie mug

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC