Talk To Me About Vans...

luckyclov

Yep. The Grand Caravan has LA and TTA in each captain's chair and then an off-center LA and TTA in the middle position of the 3rd row. If you used the LA/TTA in the 3rd row, you'd lose use of the driver outboard spot. It's dumb. But I still love the damn car and won't ever drive another minivan!:p I only have a HB booster in the 3rd row right now, though...so it's a non-issue for me.

ADS

Chely7425

Yep. The Grand Caravan has LA and TTA in each captain's chair and then an off-center LA and TTA in the middle position of the 3rd row. If you used the LA/TTA in the 3rd row, you'd lose use of the driver outboard spot. It's dumb. But I still love the damn car and won't ever drive another minivan!:p I only have a HB booster in the 3rd row right now, though...so it's a non-issue for me.

If I thought DS1 might be in a booster by the time we had 4 I would totally buy one.. but in all likelihood (and given the fact that DH like... looks at me and I get pregnant) DS1 will be between 4 and 5 and probably NOT booster ready...

luvmy2

Hmmm thinking about that.. DS1 could be in a booster if we ever have a 4th. He's got one more slot to go in his GN, and he's on the top slot on the RN80 now.. at 5.5 years old.

Chely7425

Hmmm thinking about that.. DS1 could be in a booster if we ever have a 4th. He's got one more slot to go in his GN, and he's on the top slot on the RN80 now.. at 5.5 years old.

Yeah, if that was the case for use I wouldn't be as worried about having at least 4 TAs, ya know? Cuz then DS1 could be in a booster in the 3rd row with DS2 and the babies in the 2nd row. But I KNOW DS1 and DS2 are going to want to sit together and since I have heard so-so things about the Radian installs in the car we are looking at I know DS1 and DS2 will be in FF harnessed seats at the same time, we have monster babies!

luvmy2

I have huge BABIeS but then they turn skinny.. I think that DS2 will probably outgrow my DD.. she's tiny and the Daddy of DS2 is a big guy!

Chely7425

LOL So far we make big babies, that stay big... but my oldest is only 2 :D DS1 is 33-ish pounds and 37 inches (shorter and chubbier) and DS2 is 25-ish pounds and 31 inches tall, so a bit taller and lighter than my older one was. Makes car seats difficult because things that fit DS1 great not so much with DS2!!

luvmy2

LOL.. my 2 year old (she'll be 3 in Oct) is 28#, 36". JUST had a growth spurt LOL!! She's a little thing. I fully expect to RF her till at least 4 years old.

Chely7425

LOL.. my 2 year old (she'll be 3 in Oct) is 28#, 36". JUST had a growth spurt LOL!! She's a little thing. I fully expect to RF her till at least 4 years old.

Awww so cute!! My oldest thankfully hasn't gained much lately... but he was 26 pounds at 9 months and then 33/34 pounds at 18 months which is when we flipped him FF because he was SO close to the seat limit with clothes. He hasn't gained at all though since then and since we got a 40 pound limit seat we turned him around again :D Just hoping we can make it to 3 with him!

luvmy2

I looked at an 09 Dodge Caravan today. It was really nice and SO spacy! (Is that a word? lol.. you kwim though) They aren't wanting to give us much on a trade in (02 Dodge Ram 1500) so I'm not sure what we'll do ..
The ONLY bad thing was that it didn't have a dvd player! (My DS's only request!)

Chely7425

I looked at an 09 Dodge Caravan today. It was really nice and SO spacy! (Is that a word? lol.. you kwim though) They aren't wanting to give us much on a trade in (02 Dodge Ram 1500) so I'm not sure what we'll do ..
The ONLY bad thing was that it didn't have a dvd player! (My DS's only request!)

LOL I think we might end up looking at Caravans... DH REALLY likes Dodge and we get the owner loyalty incentive if we buy another since we have a Jeep now. I figure if we DO end up with 2 FF carseats one of the big kids can just sit in a captains chair :D Hopefully we can keep DS2 RF long enough though that it won't be an issue... I think with a bigger vehicle that will be possible, if we keep him RF till close to 4 DS1 will be 5 and close to booster age. He is the mature rule following one of the 2 of them so I have no doubt that he will be fine in a booster at 5 or 6. He already yells at the baby for messing with his car seat straps...

twinkletoes

Kia Sedona :twocents:

You can get a 2009 Sedona with 30K miles on it for under 17K.

Dollar for dollar, you will get more bang for your buck the Sedona. More 'features', better safety rating (no one beats the Sedona. It's neck and neck with the Odyssey). It also has four top tethers.

this is good to know :cool:- dh didn't want to look at the sedona's.. I think we will have to save like crazy and think about spending aourn $17,000..

would that price include leather seats? ::whistle:

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Hyundai owns Kia and the '07-09 Entourage is the similar corporate sibling to the second generation '06 and newer Kia Sedona model. Hyundai stopped making the Entourage model after the '09 model year. Here's info. on specs/features for the debut 2007 Entourage model year and the most recent 2009 model year Entourage from cars.com:

http://www.cars.com/hyundai/entourage/2007/reviews/?revid=50391

http://www.cars.com/hyundai/entourage/2009/reviews/?revid=53710&revlogtype=21

I believe the top tether and LATCH positions are identical to the '06 and newer Sedona's but I can't 100% confirm that for you because the 2009 LATCH manual only lists the 2007 Entourage's model year and only states the second row outboard seats have full LATCH, without any info. listed for its third row. Hyundai unfortunately didn't provide updated info. for the 2009 edition of the LATCH manual. '06 and newer Sedonas have 3 or 4 full sets of LATCH depending on the model year and wheel base.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC