I had no idea a 4.5 year old could actually fit a scenera!

bekah

My son is 4.5 and he's not all that tall but not super short. He's 41.5 inches. He is 35 lbs (sometimes a bit less). I had to put him in our other car and we have a booster but I do not use it unless it's a true emergency, I just keep it for my 6 year-old nephew who is very tall.

Anyway, I put him in the scenera, and wouldn't you know it, he was at least an inch below the top slot and about an inch below his ears as well. I decided to measure his torso height, because he used to be fairly high for his age, but now he barely grows! And he was only 13.5 inches! Ack! I didn't realize his torso was so short! It makes me happy though because he has an EFTA that I want to work for him until he's 6 and I think it will.

For reference, my dd that is going to be 3 in Sept had a torso height of 12.75!

ADS

ntrenary

that's amazing! I put my 3 year old, 36" DS in one at Sears today and he was right at the top slots. It wouldn't last long FFing for him, but he could still Rf in it for awhile.

aeormsby

I set my 4.5yo DD in one last week at Target. She'd probably still be below the top slots when it's installed, she had plenty of shell height. She's about 36.5lb & almost 40".

My 4.5 year old fits in a scenera too, ffing not rear facing, she is 41 inches and has a 14 inch torso, she barely fits though.. we she will be out of it soon

christineka

My 5.5 year old fits both rear and ffing. She has almost outgrown it both ways. (She has a small head, but her shoulders are just a tad below the top slots.)

bekah

I think my ds has a VERY big head! LOL! Because his head is well above the height for RF but he's fine for FF.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC