need 2 new seats after accident

my2boys0508

CPS Technician
I haven't been reading or posting much lately, due to a busy summer. I know there are a bunch of new seats coming out or have just come out. My dh was in a bad accident yesterday. We had two car seats in the truck. Marathon and Nautilus. Marathon was for our 2 year old and Nautilus for our 4 year old. What seats would you chose if you could pick new seats for a 2 year old who weighs about 27lbs, 34ish in. and a 4 year old who weights 54lbs 45in. and is on the last slot of GN, but he loves that seat! Our current (un-crashed seats include a GN, FR85, MR65 -not in love with the MR), and we also have two boosters that we have been booster training with-PWSG and Monterey.

With not keeping up with the all the new seats, help me decide what to buy to replace the MA and GN! :)

ADS

Maedze

Is your DH injured? :(

What vehicle will the seats be going in? At 45" I'm guessing your 4 year old is only *just* at the last slot of the Nautilus, yes?

What kind of rear facing growth did your two year old have in the MA?

my2boys0508

CPS Technician
Dh is in the hospital. He is going to be fine, they are just keeping him for obervation still. I have spent the past 2 days at the hospital with him. Now, I'm home for the night and trying to gain some sanity back. DH was in a F250 quad cab. It is looking like he will be going back to driving his 02' Ford Focus. It's sounding like they are going to total the truck out since the bed got smashed in and the frame of the truck got bent. He was hit at a full highway speed of 70mph. It was a bad highway accident involving a motorcycle, car, dh's truck and a Jeep Liberty. DH and the motorcycle guy were the two that were most hurt, but the Jeep and dh's truck were both totalled.

Dominic has a good amount of room in the MA still. He's a skinny boy and pretty average for height. I'm going to say without seeing him in it at the moment, that he has a good 2-3" of shell above him still.
Daniel moved to the last slot on the GN around March. He's a stocky boy and seems to have most of his height in his torso. Wears a 6-7 t-shirt and 5 jeans. I know we will for sure have until the spring-summer, before he maxes out the harness height.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I would sat GN or FR85 for the 4 year old. Look like you have experience with those.

For the 2 year old, a radian works well in the Focus IIRC. You could do a complete air though too.

Kaede's_Mom

Is the Focus a 2 door or 4 door.

A Radian will fit in a 4 door, but not outboard in a 2 door of that year (had a 2 door 02 Focus).

Hope your DH is better soon.

ETA: if you don't want to use the front passenger seat then it will fit in a 2 door ;)

Maedze

For a Focus, I would probably get the Frontier 85 for the four year old, because the lack of head rests means you are going to need a very tall high back booster.

my2boys0508

CPS Technician
The Focus is 4 door. I was thinking Radian and another Frontier 85. But, wasn't sure if some of the new seats would be worth it to consider. Daniel loves his GN more than the FR85, but with him being so close to outgrowing it, I'm not sure it would be worth it to replace the GN with another GN.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC