How big is a TrueFit?

Jonah Baby

I need to know how big it is with the headrest on for RF 35-40*.
Does it take up the same amount of horizontal space as a Wizard? As a MyRide? As a SR32? As a Radian? Compare it to something else I could try in my car at BRU to see?

How much room would A, stats in siggy, have before he must have the headrest on? Would he definitely be able to do a 35* recline over 40* at that point, making it still fit?

Can you tell I'm nervous about potentially ordering a seat I've never seen before?!
I need a frickin' minivan. This is ridiculous.

Will it potentially puzzle with a RF Radian?

ADS

Mags462

I need to know how big it is with the headrest on for RF 35-40*.
Does it take up the same amount of horizontal space as a Wizard? As a MyRide? As a SR32? As a Radian? Compare it to something else I could try in my car at BRU to see?

How much room would A, stats in siggy, have before he must have the headrest on? Would he definitely be able to do a 35* recline over 40* at that point, making it still fit?

Can you tell I'm nervous about potentially ordering a seat I've never seen before?!
I need a frickin' minivan. This is ridiculous.

Will it potentially puzzle with a RF Radian?

Stupid lap top.... i had this big long reply for you and it just erased it all because the mouse jumps around. :mad::mad:

SO here's the condensed version -

I drive a Sienna = very flat seats which means i have a hard time getting seats upright because of the lack of a recline in the seat bottom itself.

The TF is the easiest to get upright by far. I own two. I have one directly behind the drivers seat and it takes up less front to back space than all of the seats you have mentioned. The closest i can think of is a CCO - the CCO installs w/ slightly more room, but it's so short it LOOKS like a lot more, but really isn't. I borrowed a friends SR32 for 2 days last month during my UPS fiasco and it took up MORE space then the TF. I was really surprised. I would say the TF gives at least 2 or 3 inches more front to back space then the SR32. Since BRU is your choice i would install a RA50 for comparison. I had an RA50 for one week and it took up just a little bit more space then the TF, but i hated how high it sat. The TF will install a lot differently because it's baseless, but in terms of front to back space, if you can get a RA50 in your car, you can get a TF w/ no problems. The MR takes up way more space, so dont bother with that. Oh a CA may be good to compare as well. It does take up more space, but if you can get a CA in there, the TF will go in w/ no problems. :)

Mags462

Forgot add my MIL drives a RAV4 and installs the TF RF w/ room to spare behind the drivers seat. :)

love-pink

i have pics in my album that show it installed in a 06 envoy. it takes up less room than a radian, myride and a marathon imo. and i had it installed at a 40-45 angle. :thumbsup:

msg221

You don't need to put the headrest on until they either reach that red line on there or 22 lbs. My year-old grandson still fits in it without the headrest. He weighed in at around 20 lbs. a week ago at his one year check up. I think he is about 30 inches tall.

Anyway, I have two of these in my '03 Highlander and just for you, I took a break and went to my car to measure it! I measured 26 inches from the vehicle seat to the top of the headrest. When I measured from the inside of the seat bottom (where baby would sit) to the bottom of the red line, it is 19inches. I measured it at 18 inches wide. I have mine installed more upright and there is plenty of room for me both as a driver and passenger.

Right now I have a MR installed behind the driver's seat and it must just be my vehicle, but I can't see that it takes up any more room front to back than the TF. Even with the MR's natural recline, it still installs pretty upright in my vehicle (and yes, I do have the rear facing foot in the proper position).

Jonah Baby

I think the RA50 shell is very close to the Wizard shell.
The Wizard can just barely squeeze a 45* recline passenger side. Baby is able to do 40* no problem now, of course, which frees up about 2" more.

So...all bets are on that I can get one of them TF beasts in my clown car?
Someone told me Amazon's got some for $130, which is slightly less than what the SR32 is currently retailing, $30 cheaper than what I bought it for.
I think...that's what I'll do.

(And I swear, if it doesn't fit, I'm returning THE CAR!)

momto3girls

Senior Community Member
Amazon has free return shipping if you buy it from amazon and not some other company that sells there. Look in the listing under special offers. I've used this policy before without hassel.

The tf didn't work in my van. I tried putting in a captains chair and once my 3yr old 28lbs got in it'd over recline. I couldn't get it to stay upright. :( It's a big cushy seat.

Jonah Baby

Msg, A has a VERY long torso, so I think he's gonna hit that red line quickly.
He's currently about 24.75" long with an 11.5" torso...at 4 months old.

msg221

Wow! A does have a long torso! I remember a few months ago when I measured my goddaughter, just before she turned 2, her torso was only 12"! Of course, she is on the other end of the scale and is a tiny peanut! Even at her 2 year check up, she was only 22 pounds!

geekKT

My 3 month old has essentially the same stats as your little guy...slightly less torso but he's usually in thick cloth diapers and that bumps him up. He still uses the infant padding and has maybe 2 inches to the line, but without the padding there's some more room...hmm....I should try it out.

Anyway, I know what you mean about rapidly approaching that line. If you want me to go out and measure, I can once he wakes up.

christineka

Not sure if I have it in my van wrong or not. I have the true fit on the more upright recline. It takes up exactly the same amount of space front to back as the radian. It doesn't sit next to it well either. I have to move the seats around to get it in and tight, and then push them forward and back into the positions I want them. It's very wide.

BananaBoat

Honestly, it fits outboard in my Forester without needing the passenger seat ALL the way up. I promise it will fit for you.

Also, if you're in a real pinch, the Avenue is an awesome space-saving seat. The more I use it (it's our spare/travel) the more I like it. Just wish it had higher limits & a RF tether or rebound bar. THAT would be a great little seat!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC