BTDT moms (swim diaper)

MySillyKids

We are using the Huggies swimmers, but i would like something more usable for use over and over. Since we are swimming every day now, AND now that 2 kids are using them we go thru them quick.

Any suggestions for like plastic swim diapers? I know they have some at target, but i wanted to see if anyone had any of their FAVORITES that they could share.

Thanks!

DS#1 is in 2T-3T shorts (size 5 diaper)
DS#2 is in 12-18 month shorts. (size 5 diaper)

:D

ADS

Mom2nj

I have used the ones from Target and BRU, and they seem okay, don't really keep the pee in, but keeps the poo in if they haven't alreay filled it back up with water to make it all runny:eek: . I have found they don't work much better than the huggies ones. I saw some pretty neat ones in the One Step Ahead magazine though. The tighter they fit around the legs the better w/out cutting off circulation of course and causing discomfort. This may sound groose, but if the huggies ones are just wet and not soiled, I would turn them inside out and let them dry in the sun to reuse them.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I used this Kushies swim diaper:
ksh-100-2T.jpg

Also, I have turned disposable swimmers inside out to dry and reuse them :rolleyes:

As for keeping the pee in I think you will have a hard time finding one that will. The little swimmers repell the water from the pool/lake so they don't swell up so it doesn't seem likely they would hold urine :confused: just a BM.

Last edited:

lovinwaves

Oh thank you so MUCH for asking this question!! I am very curious as to the replies as well. We are buying a waterpark season pass this summer, so I don't want to break the bank by using disposable huggies swim diapers (even though I LOVE them!) :)

MySillyKids

LOL Yesterday, i DID turn them inside out, to try and see if that would work.

Thanks for the replies. I'll have to see what i can do. Even if i buy the target ones, and then put like a regular diaper underneith, because regular diapers are WAY cheaper than the huggies.

:D

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Do you have any non-disposable recommendations?

I think that's what she means. Target has great, cheap, well fitting cloth swim dipes :) Like little speedos. I have a few pairs from there, I like them a bit better than my One Step Ahead ones, really.

JOII

Disposables swimmies do NOT hold in pee. I found that out the first time I took my DS swimming and when we got there it was like he had already been in the pool. LOL. His shorts and the car seat were soaked. I was really ticked too cause I didnt WANT cloth swim pants for that reason. Little did I know the sposie do the same thing! DOH! We are a CDing family now, so most cloth training pants actually work well for swim dipes too.

skaterbabs

Yep, we always used the cloth ones from Target. But we never get in the car with wet swimsuits. I allow a lot of mess, but that's just my tolerance level. It's so humid here that even the least little bit of added moisture can cause mold issues in the car. :rolleyes:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
We also use Kushies swim diapers for dd. I also had another brand, but I'm having a brain fart at the moment and don't remember it.

Lots of moms also use pocket diapers without any stuffing - like fuzzi bunz or happy heiny or something like that... although that's more expensive. Bummis is making a swim diaper now. Here's a link to it:

http://www.jamtots.com/Bummis-Swimmi-C504.aspx

This one can also be used as a swim diaper:
http://www.jamtots.com/Bummis-Cotton-Diaper-CoverSwim-Diapers-C503.aspx

lynsgirl

I have this:
http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/other.htm#swim (scroll down about halfway)

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to try it yet :D :rolleyes:

With my oldest, I had a reuseable swim diaper from Target I think and it worked fine. I don't have it anymore and I couldn't fine any when I was looking a month or so ago (thought I might be taking the Mommy/Baby swim class at the Y), so I ordered the Imse Vimse. I'm thinking of taking him in the pool with me soon, though, as long as it's not when I have all of the other kids :p . I hope it works!

Synchro246

Pee is sterile so it doesn't really matter.

I swim allllllllll the time. We use the speedo type ones from target, kmart, or BRU (same thing). They are kinda windbreakery on the outside and terry on the inside. I never had a probmlem and they haven't worn out on me yet. (admittedly I had 3 at least in each size).

I also used some disposable ones and have been known to turn them inside out to dry for reuse.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I have this:
http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/other.htm#swim (scroll down about halfway)

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to try it yet :D :rolleyes:

With my oldest, I had a reuseable swim diaper from Target I think and it worked fine. I don't have it anymore and I couldn't fine any when I was looking a month or so ago (thought I might be taking the Mommy/Baby swim class at the Y), so I ordered the Imse Vimse. I'm thinking of taking him in the pool with me soon, though, as long as it's not when I have all of the other kids :p . I hope it works!

Here's another store that carries them and they're a bit cheaper. ;)

http://www.cottontailbaby.com/catalog.php?category=94

RubysGirl

I just want to comment real quick about how kids can be shaped so differently. My son, who is around the same weight as your youngest and wears 18-24 months for shorts, is only in a size three diaper.

Oh, and I really like the looks of the imse swim diapers, I think I may invest in a couple this year.

BudgieStew

We use the Bummis Cotton one's.
BTW you can not reuse them as diaper covers once you use them as swim diapers the chlorine ruins the waterproofness.

tchrgrrl

In the pool/waterpark we use iPlay swim diapers:
kidsurplus_1937_135678437

We have found them at BRU and online.

At the lake/ocean we just use an unstuffed Fuzzi Bunz.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC