CA or TF in Hyundai Accent

Jonah Baby

2004, 4 door.
Do either work?
I'm concerned about RF for 4 month old.
Bonus points if they fit behind driver, if not oh well.

I can try a CA in store, but cannot get my hands on a TF. Need to know if it works before I buy.

Extra bonus points if either seat will puzzle in this car with a RF Radian.

While I'm at it, anyone ever get a 3 across in this car? Extra extra bonus points here.

ADS

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
I tried putting a rf AOE in an Accent (can't remember the MY) for a young baby not too long ago and it wouldn't fit - even in the center (it did not "clear" the front seats). Can you actually fit a rf Radian in there? If so, I'm impressed. Since the CA is similar to the AOE I don't think it will work BUT you won't know for sure until you try. I think your chances with a TF are much better but I can't promise that it will work rf once you need to put the top headrest portion on.

Jonah Baby

This car is a PITA, isn't it?!
Kinda wish she had hit me harder so I could've gotten a new car too, lol.

I am a short person, so my seat doesn't have to be very far back. I actually have the Radian behind me.
I do not have advanced airbags, either, so I can brace the seats that allow such, which also really helps.
Currently, to get a 45 or even a 40* recline with a SR32 or Wizard, the passenger seat must be all the way forward. Obnoxious, but do-able for us "small" people.
I have had a RF MyRide at 35* behind driver.

I don't know much about the TF.
Is it possible that by the time baby must have the headrest, he would be able to sit at 35*? (35, not 30*, right?)
Is it possible that the Radian and TF would puzzle in any position RF in this car?

Pixels

Is it possible that the TF would puzzle with anything, ever? Hahahaha. Not likely. It's wiiide, and shaped in a way that doesn't leave places for other seats to tuck in around it.

Yes, 35, not 30 for the TF. My 2yo daughter just barely needs the headrest, and 35 is fine for her. She didn't technically need the headrest when I bought the seat 6ish months ago (though she was close enough that I was more comfortable putting it on, plus that way I couldn't lose it).

Pixels

Ummm. She's asleep. Hold on, I have a good idea of where she hits in her carseats.

13ish inch torso, 18-19ish seated height.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC