Baby Jogger City Elite or BOB Revolution?

tracee877

I think price is going to be the deciding factor here but I would love to hear which you prefer and why. Albee has a BJCE for $289 and the cheapest I have seen the BOB is $389. I will be jogging on pavement/trails with a 2yo if that matters. Also, does anyone have pics and/or dimensions of them folded? TIA!

ADS

marjen

If you will be jogging, I'd definitely say the BOB. The Baby Jogger City Series isn't designed for jogging (how's that for confusing with a name like Baby Jogger). I have a City Elite, and I definitely love it though...but it's more of an all-terrain stroller.

poohbear

If you will be jogging, I'd definitely say the BOB. The Baby Jogger City Series isn't designed for jogging (how's that for confusing with a name like Baby Jogger). I have a City Elite, and I definitely love it though...but it's more of an all-terrain stroller.

Exactly that! If you're going to jog, go with the BOB. You may be able to find a used one on CL for less...
As Marjen said, the BJCE is not for jogging...

tracee877

Somehow I knew ya'll were gonna say BOB lol. Anyone know how to get a good deal on one other than CL? Our CL doesn't have the high end stuff.

cheerbop

I got my mine through a lady on the Yahoo StrollerSwap group. SHe somehow gets good deals thrugh stores and then she takes the orders. Mine shipped from Moosejaw. I got a double for $400.

tracee877

Ok, I'm looking at both of them and don't really see a difference. What makes the BOB so much better? The wheels seem to be the same and I really like how the BJ folds. I see on Elite Car Seats that it says the BJ is not a jogging stroller. but why? I don't have any stores near me that carry these so I can't try them in person.

Jennifer mom to my 7

They really did a good job when they redesigned the bob as a swivel wheel. First, the wheel locks out, to elongate the wheel base. Second, the tether strap is connected through the foot brake. So, if you do happen to fall, and are using the tether strap properly, the stroller won't go running away. YOu fall, you have the tether, as stroller continues while you on ground, tether locks stroller.

Now, if you want a baby jogger jogger, you have to get something like the summit, instead. The issue I have with that one, is that it states not to exceed 3 mph. Well, I can WALK at least 4 mph, when pushing it. but I believe that is so that you don't rollerblade/skateboard/bike with it, kwim? Still bothers me though.

Now, if you are a true jogger/runner, you want a fixed wheel, just for that, with hand brake, tether, large at least 16 inch wheels all around.

Also, the bob has a patented tracking screw...

tracee877

Hmm that is really good info. I have actually just started jogging and I have no idea how fast I am lol. I am doing the couch to 5K program. It does sound the BOB is the way to go.

cheerbop

You won't regret it. It pushes better than any other stoller IMO. You really don't work hard to push it and you don't feel the weight of what you are pushing.
I just wish they were "cuter" :D lol

I honestly would keep an eye out on Returnsforsale.com....a few months ago they sold the singles for about $250 shipped.

Hope you find one!

tracee877

You won't regret it. It pushes better than any other stoller IMO. You really don't work hard to push it and you don't feel the weight of what you are pushing.
I just wish they were "cuter" :D lol

Yeah I totally love the look of the BJs which is what was drawing me in (besides price lol). But I have decided on a BOB. Now to find the best deal on one!

ProudMommysince09

Another thing I like about the BOB is the adjustable suspension. With every other stroller I had, it felt like Im giving my kid shaking-baby syndrome by walking briskly over slightly rugged terrain. Not with the BOB!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC