Help!! Fraying harness on SafeGuard Go!

julia94115

I just took the cover off our SafeguardGo and noticed that the harness is fraying (more than just a tiny thread or two!) on both side of the harness near the hip portion. It looks like maybe the velcro from the cover is rubbing it? (Can't tell exactly from what/where right now because the cover is in the wash.)

Has this happened to anyone else? Is the harness replaceable? What are my options??? Waaahhhhhh!!!

ADS

aeormsby

Can you post a picture? That doesn't sound like true fraying to me (or something to be concerned about). I'll go check our GO also.

aeormsby

Hmm, that looks like more 'damage' than I expected. I checked mine and our straps look like new still (it only gets used a couple times a year).

Hopefully someone else can give a better answer about if that's still safe or not. I don't even know who you'd contact for help since they're owned by Dorel now.

julia94115

Waaaahhh! I know, huh? It doesn't look good....
I'm just about to put the cover back on and see what the deal is. It's on both sides so what else could it be? Aw man- I hope I can find a solution!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Call them. It's under warranty for its whole 7 year life. :thumbsup: If they don't have a replacement harness for you, and don't have any left in the warehouse to replace (sadly, both are pretty likely) I'm sure they'll make it right even if that means money back.

julia94115

Do you think even though the company has changed hands it's still under warranty?

So who would I call- Safety 1st?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
No. The company has not changed hands. They stopped making the product and sold the patent to Dorel; very different.

Call SafeGuard/IMMI at the number listed for warranty claims in your manual. I had a claim on my SafeGuard Child Seat a few months ago and they were very helpful and able to fix it for me, even paid shipping both ways. :thumbsup:

julia94115

Ok- got it. I will give them a call.

I just put the cover back on and it is definitely from where the velcro attaches the two sides of the cover together- the harness rubs against it.

aeormsby

Call them. It's under warranty for its whole 7 year life. :thumbsup: If they don't have a replacement harness for you, and don't have any left in the warehouse to replace (sadly, both are pretty likely) I'm sure they'll make it right even if that means money back.

Call SafeGuard/IMMI at the number listed for warranty claims in your manual. I had a claim on my SafeGuard Child Seat a few months ago and they were very helpful and able to fix it for me, even paid shipping both ways. :thumbsup:

That's good to know!

I'll have to watch ours and make sure the velcro stays away from the straps! Makes me want to cut some fabric to make a little protector for it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC