Frontier straps

aeormsby

Did Britax change the straps for the frontier at all (thickness?)

Our Frontier (1/09) straps get twisted sometimes (the buckle gets flipped around) and I was trying to remember if they changed them to the thicker straps like on the MA's. I'm going to be ordering some other stuff from Britax and started wondering if I ordered Frontier straps if they'd be thicker than what we have or not.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm not sure if they have. I love the Frontier 85 harness, and asked the rep if I could put them on my 80 and she said no, they are supposed to work in tandem with the top tether, or something.
I'm probably going to order a new one, anyway (my recall plastic caps annoy me), and to see if it's thicker, but until then I use a little gluey bit of the soft side of sticky velcro about where the velcro is on their other seats, it keeps the buckle tongues from sliding down and the straps from twisting as much.

Mach Knockers

I should call and ask if the replacement Frontier straps are thicker. I'd gladly pay for new straps, if they are. I JUST bought my Frontier and HATE the straps with a passion. DS does too, poor kid. He loves his 85, though.

Is it acceptable to do that velcro trick you mention? Those falling buckles drive me nuts. What are your "recall plastic caps?"

all together ooky

That's my biggest gripe about the old Frontier (I have an '08 model). Those buckles always falling down and the straps flipping around in them. The plastic caps are a bugger only becuase I've been switching between booster and harness mode lately. Didn't they change the buckle tongues on newer versions to not flip around so easily?

Mach Knockers

My Frontier is 3/09. The buckles have not flipped, but they definitely could if you weren't careful.

My Frontier 85 is drool-worthy. The buckles don't get lost, don't flip around and the straps barely twist at all.

jeno

Senior Community Member
Yes, they did change them. I got a replacement set for my older Frontier. The straps are thicker AND they sewed a stopper onto the bottom to keep the buckle from slipping down into the seat when not in use. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

aeormsby

Yes, they did change them. I got a replacement set for my older Frontier. The straps are thicker AND they sewed a stopper onto the bottom to keep the buckle from slipping down into the seat when not in use. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cool. I'm ordering some. I figured if nothing else we plan on using the seat with the harness for at least 4 more years and since they've changed it who knows if I'd be able replace it in the future if I need too. And a friend just bought a Frontier and can do an online survey and get a code for 40% off :thumbsup: (we both wanted to order stuff, so 40% off and split the shipping).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC