Got my Frontier 85!! Pics..

Blondie87

But ya gotta click on this..

Now the kiddos pictured are both REAR FACING with me.. as that is MUCH safer, but they are the only kiddos I had when I got my Frontier, so they are the ones that modeled for me. Alexa is about at the lower limits of the seat. She just turned 2 this month, but she's still only 23 lbs. 2 more lbs and she'd be what's allowed in the seat.

I love it. The 18 month old was able to reach the cup holders and everything, as you can see in the pics, for anyone that was curious about that. I really like the changes that I can tell have been made. I know there's already been a ton of reviews, but you can never see too many car seat pics!

I'll prolly post more of it installed, and with other kiddos later. So check back later tonight! :)

ADS

menfusse

It helps me to see smaller kiddos in it. I'm dead set on getting a cowmoo when it comes out for E. She's almost 5, but very small and could probably RF until she gets to middle school. That being said, she's 5...you know? So we've been using a GN for a few months, which we like everything about but the head slump for a low tone sleep kid. I've heard there's very little in the FNs. I always worry about her tube getting caught too. The crotch buckle looks nice and low and not in the way or diggy inny or anything.

Are there any requirements/stipulations about which position the crotch strap should be in?

Blondie87

Yeah. Alexa does fit pretty well in it for being so little still. The manual says to select the slot closest to, but not under the crotch. So both kiddos would be on the middle. Want me to move it to the middle and take a picture? I also have my neighbors lil girl I'll prolly take pics of her in it later. She's 4 years old and 33 lbs even.

menfusse

Yeah. Alexa does fit pretty well in it for being so little still. The manual says to select the slot closest to, but not under the crotch. So both kiddos would be on the middle. Want me to move it to the middle and take a picture? I also have my neighbors lil girl I'll prolly take pics of her in it later. She's 4 years old and 33 lbs even.

Oooh, yes please if you don't mind. That would help a lot. E's *crossing fingers* not in diapers during the day anymore. She's very skinny and narrow that way too. She's easily on the inner crotch of the GN, and even on her Avenue she rides in in MIL's car. I always wonder about that "not under" clarification. Does it really mean that none of it can be under, or is it just that they don't want the kid basically sitting on it, buckle and all, you know?

Blondie87

I dunno, both kiddos are *barely* over it. I am sure when I move it to the middle position it'll be a lil too far forward, and if she actually rode like that, she'd slump down a lil. Maybe I'll email pics to Britax and ask or somethin.. just to clarify.

Alexa is taking sleeping right now, but when she wakes up, within the next hour hopefully, I will definately take pics of her in it. I'll prolly take pics later today too off my neighbors 4 year old and her 6 year old cousin and add them to the album too.

Blondie87

So Melissa, once I installed it in the car, the recline made her be more at the 1st slot. So I left it there, looks right, right? Plus, for some reason I could get the crotch buckle in the 1st and 3rd slot, but it would not go in the 2nd. :shrug-shoulders:

menfusse

So Melissa, once I installed it in the car, the recline made her be more at the 1st slot. So I left it there, looks right, right? Plus, for some reason I could get the crotch buckle in the 1st and 3rd slot, but it would not go in the 2nd. :shrug-shoulders:

Yeah, I think it looks find where it is. I'm betting E will be on that first slot too. She's so narrow and short waisted anyway. Even at her weight now...which I think may be less again. I'm too skeered to weight her.

Anyway, thanks again. I'm looking forward to it even more.

L

LuciaBella

Thanks for the pics! Alexa is very cute with her funny faces! They look so tiny in it! It makes you think that people are actually buying this seat for their 1 and 2 yr olds....shame

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC