True Fit questions

Maggie

I think we're going to get DD2 a True Fit so DD3 can have her MA.

There are no stores around here that carry them, but in my online looking it seems like there is a newer version? From the pictures the only big difference I could see was the location of the harness adjuster. Are there any other changes?

Does it have a 6 year expiry?

Thanks!

ADS

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
I *think* it may be 7 years.

I haven't looked at them to see new changes. Hmm...

I like all things except the harness adjuster.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Maybe post links to the models you're looking at, so people can spot the differences right off? I thought the new models had a shrunken foot, so it's like the Premier version, but without the anti rebound section coming up the back. It's probably a lot nicer to use than the originals. Then again, I'd only use the Premier, I'm a fanatic for rebound-reduction :)

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Seven years.

There are three models. The basic True Fit, the True Fit Recline (seems that's the one you were looking at), and the True Fit Premier (with the antirebound bar). The Recline has the recline feature, the ball level indicator, and the slightly differently located harness adjuster like the Premier, just no antirebound bar.

Wendy

Maggie

I didn't even notice that the ones with the different adjuster said "recline". :eek:

If those are the only differences I think I'll save myself some money and just go with a regular one. This will only be used FF for DD2.

jjordan

I'm sure you thought of this, but if it's FF, why not a FF only seat? Are you planning to use it RF at some point down the road?

Maggie

I should have linked to my other post. :p

I need DD2's Marathon for DD3. She has some sensory issues and the Maestro and Generations have really close together straps. She absolutely freaked in those seats. The Apex won't work b/c DH's vehicle doesn't have headrests. She has awful head slump in the Nautilus and I can't afford a Frontier right now.

She's very short, still has years of growing room left in the Marathon, so a convertible will get her to 5/6 years old, then she'll move to a booster. :)

Mags462

Seven years.

There are three models. The basic True Fit, the True Fit Recline (seems that's the one you were looking at), and the True Fit Premier (with the antirebound bar). The Recline has the recline feature, the ball level indicator, and the slightly differently located harness adjuster like the Premier, just no antirebound bar.

Wendy

There are actually a few more differences. I am a TF lover... it's my favorite seat. I have two basic TF's.... and i just had the pleasure of petting my MIL brand new TF Recline last night and helping her to learn all about car seats:p. There are several "improvements" over the basic model.... Wendy hit the major ones, but there are small things that make the seat much more user friendly. The latch "tether" eg the strap that is bolted to the seat that the latch belt runs through is now bolted on the side instead of in the "bum area".... this is GREAT - it makes much more sense. On the sides built in to the shell of the Recline model there are also purple rubber loops to store the latch when not in use. That is VERY nice.... i hate having to tuck mine in under the cover when i am not using them. There is also an extra "no slip" piece of plastic on the bottom of the seat which helps to keep it sitting on hard wood floor while cleaning ;) Doesn't improve the install if you don't have slick leather seats, but it does make more sense in terms of being overall a better fit.

To be frank and honest i saw NO difference in the harness adjuster access - the shells is the EXACT same ... and the leveler didn't increase my ability to get to the harness one single bit. I was really surprised.

I think those are the highlights of the differences..... If i could find a Recline for $10-$15 of the same price of a Basic i would get the recline.... they have newer DOM's.... i don't think they are making the Basic's anymore so any seat you get will be a bit older. Not a huge deal with a 7 year span, but still something to think about.

Yay for new TF's... i :love: them!

Maggie

Ok, so [ame="http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-True-Recline-Convertible/dp/B002WN20FG"]this Recline[/ame] model seems to be a great price! However, the fabric looks like a shiny, slick fabric. Not my top choice for hot summer time.

Anyone have this cover?

Mags462

Ok, so this Recline model seems to be a great price! However, the fabric looks like a shiny, slick fabric. Not my top choice for hot summer time.

Anyone have this cover?

Yep... its the exact one my MIL got! It's REALLY nice IRL.... it's not a slick black fabric.... it's a dotted fabric. Looks totally different in person. I think it would be a great seat for summertime.... I live in OK so it's HOT. I wish i had taken pictures to show the differences. :rolleyes:

aeormsby

That's exact one I bought for my sister (she's planning on using it with her LO due in Aug). I haven't seen it yet, but she lives in Vegas so I got her a Misty Morning cover also (on the swap here) - I couldn't imagine her trying to use an all black cover when it's 120 out. And she's on strict order's not to open it until I'm out there for her shower in a week so I can't ask her what it's like either.

Maggie

Hmm, well for that price I think I might just buy it tonight. If we really hate the cover I can always buy a replacement sometime down the line.

And we live in Wisconsin, so it's really only hot for like 2 months out of the year. :p

Mags462

Hmm, well for that price I think I might just buy it tonight. If we really hate the cover I can always buy a replacement sometime down the line.

And we live in Wisconsin, so it's really only hot for like 2 months out of the year. :p

For that price i would buy it too! :p But seriously, it's not slick at all. I envisioned some retro 80's black pleatherish type material based on the pic, but it was nothing like that. :)

tanusscott22

Yes, Yes, buy it! My DH and I live in Wisconsin as well (Rhinelander) and we have both the Blue Auroa (the same material as the one you are looking at) and the Cappuccino. The Cappuccino one is very soft an fuzzy and my little guy sweats his little hiney off in the summer! The Blue Auroa cover is soft and fuzzy on the sides and has a cooler material in the center. We put the blue one in our main car, becasue even with the a/c he gets too hot in the capp. The blue cover is great for infants too because the belly pad is fuzzy on one side for the winter and the other side has cooler fabric. I love my true fits!

Maggie

Rhinelander! I've never know anyone who actually knows where Rhinelander is, let alone lives there!

My parents both grew up there, my dad lived by Trig's, and my mom's parents still live there. On Lake Julia.

Lots of great childhood memories in Rhinelander. :)

Yeah, I thought the fuzzy ones would be hot in the summer. Our Marathon cover is plush and she gets pretty warm. I'm very excited for our True Fit to come. :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC