Graco Safe Seat 1

djma

We absolutely LOVE this seat! We bought it when our youngest was about to outgrow his SnugRide because the type of car I had would not accommodate a RF convertible without giving your child a concusion trying to get them in and out :eek:

My son is 13 months old, 21 pounds, and 28.5 inches and has not even made it to the top slots in the Safe Seat 1. He has an incredible amount of room above his head.

We have the Roxy pattern w/out the infant insert. I have gotten several compliments, but also a lot of questions about "Why is your kid still in a carrier...isn't he too old?" But then I just tell them that it's a newer model with higher height/weight restrictions.

The base is the easiest to install! It has built in lock-offs which make it a breeze! My dad could even do it and it makes him nervous to install any kind of car seat!

This seat is well worth the money! I'm guessing we have about 4 - 6 months maybe longer left in the seat.

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Link to my review on epinions:
http://www.epinions.com/content_370322411140

In summary, I've found this seat to be easy to use, easy to install and it fits my son well. My son won't get as much use out of it as the average baby because of his long torso, but he has already gotten 2 more months out of it than he did his 29" snugride and he still has 3" of shell above his head. (2" of growing room)

I'm very happy with our SS1 and it's a good value because of how much more use you'll get out of it compared to other infant carriers.

Zabs

I have one too and I am a huge fan! I get the same questions about why my son is still in a infant seat. I really didn't expect to have such a big kid, but I am so glad I went with this seat since he would have outgrown a standard infant seat at around 6 months.

Since he doesn't have a long torso, we hope to keep him in until his new sibling gets here in December.
:thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC