Where the heck in the manual is the expiration listed?

glockchick

I can't find it anywhere in either the FR85 (that one's printed on the seat right under DOM), or the CA LX manual. :confused:

You'd think something so important would be easier to find.

ADS

Maedze

The expiration should be on the sticker with the DOM, I believe. In any case, it's 9 years after the DOM (For the Frontier 85)

The CA is 8 years.

glockchick

It is on the frontier but i cant find it on the CA or in the manual anywhere. Maybe this is part of the reason so many people dont realize car seats expire. :thumbsdown:

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
In the Frontier manual, under warnings, it tells you to see page 6 in regards to expiration. On page 6, it is the diagram of the seat, and it shows you where to find the sticker on your seat that tells you when the seat expires. They can't print DOM and expiration for each individual seat in their manual. That's why it's on the seat. They could, however, put a sticker on the manual w/that info as well. It wouldn't be THAT hard. ;)

henrietta

In the Frontier manual, under warnings, it tells you to see page 6 in regards to expiration. On page 6, it is the diagram of the seat, and it shows you where to find the sticker on your seat that tells you when the seat expires. They can't print DOM and expiration for each individual seat in their manual. That's why it's on the seat. They could, however, put a sticker on the manual w/that info as well. It wouldn't be THAT hard.

Yes, but they CAN print in an easy place in EVERY manual "This seat expires X years from date of manufacture, which is printed *here* on your seat."

Every car-seat manufacturer could do that, but they don't. I agree w/Shanna...they make it too difficult.

henrietta

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
They do. They tell you to discontinue use after 9yrs in the manual. Then they tell you where to find the DOM. They even put a place in the manual for you to put the information.

Short of putting it in blinking neon lights (which many still wouldn't see...or would ignore) the simplest solution would be to print 2 of the DOM stickers, putting one on the seat and one on the front of the manual.

momto3girls

Senior Community Member
Page 4 of the CA LX manual at the bottom refers to not using the restraint after the date printed on the back of the shell.

glockchick

Ah. Ok. I'll have to check when I get home. I couldn't find it last night, but then I'd been doing homework until 9:30 and my brain was fried. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC