MA 70 question, side by side?

auntt

I saw that the MA 70s were not quite as wide as the current models? Do you think the seats will be able to be installed side by side in the middle row of a 2008 Honda Odyssey? We have twins and I really need the outboard seat to be free for my teenager.

Thanks

ADS

Cryssy Jane

we honestly have no idea how they will puzzle together. No one's really gotten to get in and play with new models since they aren't quite out yet, so I'm afraid I don't think you'll get a clear answer.

Evolily

I don't know, right now it's probably going to be one of those situations where you have to try it out yourself to find out. You will want to make sure they are independently tight. You would install seat A properly with less than 1 inch of movement, then install seat B. After seat B has less than 1 inch of movement, you would uninstall seat A. If seat B still has less than 1 inch of movement after seat A is uninstalled then they are independently tightened.

The Radian is usually the best seat for situations where you need to put seats side by side. It's also possible that buying two different seats, such as a marathon and a radian, might be a good option as they "puzzle" well together.

Maedze

Given the size of the Odyssey's plus-one seat, I would not be particularly hopeful that it's a possibility.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC