unsafe driving video...

ADS

EmmasMom

I saw it posted on FB and reposted it there. So many people (young parents like me) say, “We are just going around the corner” or “I’ve never been in an accident” as excuses to not properly restrain their children… it is crazy! We are not as “in control” in this life as we would like to be… things happen. Let start using some protection people!

Do you guys post on your friends FB photos when their children are in the wrong car seat, no car seat, bad chest clip…? What do you say? What if it is one of those people you are friends with but haven’t talked to in years? “Your kid is cute, but…” ? Any advice would be helpful. I am not a tech, but it doesn’t seem like anyone in my area cares! :-(

Jennee

i sent a msg to an old friend from jr high after seeing her beach pictures and commented on how jealous i am that she can look so good in a bikini after 3 kids and then said something about how cute her carseat is (i think its a pink scenera?) and then said i wanted to share some carseat safety tips that i learned from kim mundle from the child safety link. i mentioned that when forward facing the straps need to come from at or above the shoulders, that they need to be snug and that the chest clip needs to be up closer to the armpits and the reason for all these things. she thanked me for the info.
i also saw a woman with a booster seat that had the bar across (i know her a bit but not well) so i went up to her and asked her if she knew they expire, she was surprised, she knew the big carseats did but not boosters. she looked on the bottom and it was made in 96. she got it from her brother. i also explained the danger of the bar. she thought it was safer because it kept the belt off the belly. i know her younger child is in a seat with a bar on it.
she told her older child they would have to buy a new one.

Kat_Shoshin

Yeah - I am having this dilemma right now. An old friend from high school posted a "cute" photo of her son in his seat. I think he is 4, but he is so tiny - his mom is quite short - and he takes after her. He was asleep, slumped out of a backless booster laying on the shoulder belt across his neck and face. It was far from cute - it was dangerous. To me it looked outrageous enough to go on a fail blog YKWIM? But to her it must have looked normal.

I have no idea what to say to her, not knowing his weight and height or financial situation.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC