Donated a seat on freecycle today

mominabigtruck

Well I've been keeping on my local freecycle to see if they had anything I need and someone was on the other day saying they needed a seat for their 3 yo because her current seat is too small and has figured out how to wiggle out of it going down the road. So I have a cosco hbb with harness in my shed that I figured I could give to her. So I go to meet her today and her daughter is in a huge puffy coat in an old touriva that is listing to the side and she is so wedged in there I can imagine that it was uncomfortable. She didn't even have the straps on the highest slots so the straps were falling down off her shoulders. So I get the seat out and I told her that I could install it for her there and she was like her husband was going to be home early so he could do. And I was like are you sure, its no problem, and she said no. Then she was looking at the seat and commented on the paperclip style chest clip and said that was how she was getting out of the seat now. I told her if its that big of an issue she can go to tru and get a two piece clip for like $3. I just felt so bad letting that little girl go off like that:( But I did give her the names and numbers of all the safe kids techs in her area and told her that they could help get her a free seat and they would install it for her and teach her how to use it and she seemed happy about that so hopefully she calls them and gets in to see someone.

ADS

southpawboston

not a comment on carseats, but glad to hear you use freecycle!! it's a great system, i give stuff away on my local FC all the time!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC