True Fit infant padding requirements...

featherhead

Ok, so I emailed Learning Curve, cause I just like to know these things. But I'm not quite sure what to make of the reply. This is the first reply, which I think the CS person did not quite understand what I was asking...

Thank you for your email.

The pad sets that come with any of our travel gear does not have a weight restriction. The car seats themselves do have weight restrictions and guidelines. Please refer to our instruction manuals to determine the weight restriction for the car seat itself.

Regards,
Consumer Services

My response:

I think you misunderstood. I'm not talking about the seat pad. I'm talking about the infant padding in the car seat, you know, the 1 inch thick cushion that goes under the babies bum. It is supposed to be removed for forward-facing for sure, but I thought there was also supposed to be a weight limit on it (22 lbs is what I had thought). Some manuals have had a weight limit, and others have not. So I'm wondering if there is supposed to be a weight limit on it or not.
Heather F

And her reply:

Thank you for your email.

The height insert is designed only to be used only for small infants to help position them more safely in the seat. It is only needed until the child's shoulder is at or above position 1. DO NOT use this height insert for infants/children in a forward facing position. The modified the instructions from the original True Fit to make it a little clearer by stating that once your child's shoulders are above position 1 you will need to discontinue use of the height insert.

We hope this information was helpful.

Regards,
Consumer Services

Not quite sure what to make of the bolded part. I think more people need to call/email and ask about it.

ADS
my infant insert bumm things have slots for the harness (3 of them) which seems dumb if you cant use them past the first slot) not sure though as I don't use them lol

essnce629

I called a few months ago and was told I could use the infant insert at any weight as long as baby was still rf'ing. Which makes the most sense since there are 3 sets of harness slots in the insert and there's 3 sets of harness slots for rf'ing. DS2 is 13 months old and is still using the insert (he's thin) and is on the 2nd set of harness slots and is 21lbs. He just looks better with the insert in-- without it there's a bunch of room around him.

Here's the thread I started about it:
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=119648&highlight=tfp+infant+insert

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC