1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager- Tether anchors?

Twinklefae

We've just been gifted a 1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager by my IL's. This is great as it means that I can take all the daycare kids out at the same time - once I have tether anchors installed.

What is the part number I need, and how many would the dealer ship do for free? If they won't do it for free, I can get my husband to do it - he's a mechanic. How much torque do they need?

Also, what is most people's experience with the lightweight locking latch plates? Are they likely to be a pain in the rear?

ADS

monstah

You may have a hard time getting them put in for free. A few others posters and myself had a hard time getting Chrysler to do the work free of charge despite the service bulletin. I think one person even ended up just paying for her Voyagers anchors.

The latch plates are super easy. If they work. :p The Voyagers tend to slip but sometimes they work perfect. If they slip after the seat is installed, just flip the buckle upside down and they should stay locked.

I'll see if I can find the part # for you.... ETA: Here you go.
Originally posted by Crunchy in 09
Plymouths were pretty much discontinued before TAs were mandatory (only the last two years of the Neon had them). However, Chyrsler will retrofit them for free under Technical Service Bulletin 23-008-00 Revision B.

The tether points are on the floor behind the seats. The part numbers are:

04864118AB - second row and
05018506AA - third row

It can tricky to find a dealer familiar with the program, but Chrysler recently confirmed that it is still in effect.

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Since this is the Canadian forum...

YMMV with regards to the TAs. They don't have to obey the TSB, but likely will install one anchor (or more) free of charge. You can always get the part from them for the other locations and the ft lbs of torque required should be on a slip of paper in the bag with the part. The parts should be $15-$20ish, but some manufacturer recently told somebody it was closer to $100 (an import--Toyota maybe?) for just the parts.

Part: 2nd row: 04864118AB
3rd row: 05018506AA

Notes: 6 TA points (these are pre-drills) on floor behind seats. Optional 2nd row captains seats: TA point for drivers side, use same point as bench seat drivers side; per LATCH manual.

{Note, I initially entered info for the wrong year, but the above is correct now.}

-N.

Last edited:

Twinklefae

Just to update, I tried buying the parts online, and got no answer. So today I called, and here are the final prices.

2nd row: $44.95
3rd row: $20.65

I bought one for every spot, because if I make my husband do this, he'll only do it once! ::D

I'd like to take all the kids out! I've been taking out the kids in boosters and my own rear facer, but I want to take out all the kids.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC