Rare Britax cover...

kidnurse

The friend of mine that was in an accident with 3 car seats, unoccupied, needs to replace all three seats. We figured out a temporary fix that same weekend while I was there. I left one of my Radians, she had a spare convertible, and also a Britax that expires next month. She is still going back and forth with the insurance company, but is going to need at least one new seat before the end of this month. The cover on her Britax is the tan or brownish one with dog bones. IIRC this is one of the more rare covers. Yes, no ? If so, how much could she ask for it if she sells it to help fund the new seats she needs? (I know it won't bring in that much $ compared to the cost of new seats, but she is fostering so every little bit helps.)

TIA

ADS

Mae

It's the Fido Faux Paws (AKA Fido) cover. I know a lot of people like it! :D Britax doesn't make it anymore, so people could very well be on the lookout for one, if you consider that rare. What to ask for it depends on how good of condition it's in. Stains? Rips? Tears? Is it worn down? Elastic stretched/shot?

NannyMom

It's called Faux Paws. Fido is blue. Does it have all the pads? In excellent condition? I've had one in swap, no pads for $35 and have not had interest. So, it's not really one of the big money rare covers.

Mae

It's called Faux Paws. Fido is blue. Does it have all the pads? In excellent condition? I've had one in swap, no pads for $35 and have not had interest. So, it's not really one of the big money rare covers.

Ah you're right; my bad. They're the same cover, just that Fido is the blue version and Faux Paws in the brown, right?

Wow, there it is, in my siggy pic.

:ROTFLMAO:

kidnurse

Thanks for the info. That is kind of a bummer. If it won't sell here there probably is no way it will sell on CL. I thought I had read once that it is one of the harder to find covers, of course that doesn't always translate to coveted. Oh well, I was hoping it would be an easy one to sell and that would help her get new seats. She needs a 3 across in an Altima so her seat choices are a bit limited by what puzzles well in there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC