Look at my Turbo find! It has screws installed pre-buying!

Mae

In my attempt at finding the new 40lb RF Scenera (four Targets later...) I found a Turbo that had the screws already installed! It wasn't in a box, but it's not a returned one. There were a few like that. Of course, the arm rests are installed on the lower level, so the parent will most likely have to move it, but maybe since the screw is already in there they will realize that it has to go back in there.

There seems to be many ways to package a lbb Turbo out there. There's like this picture below, there's the boxes, and there's the plain ol' just plastic bag that everything is shoved in (think Sceneras). Oh, and FTR, one Target had only hbb Turbos. The others had lbb's marked for $30, $25, and my score that is sitting in my trunk was $15. :thumbsup: All the Targets were looking very poor in the car seat department. Almost everything was marked down and there was only a few models actually out for display. There were few boxes underneath, too. :confused: Are the car seats going to disappear from Target?!

(Sorry for cell phone quality. I was trying to find a Scenera to buy & take pictures at home so I didn't think to bring my real camera.)

39092f15.jpg

ADS

mamom

Although, since they have to remove the screw it might be too much effort to more the arm rests...

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I think it's great, and personally, I think the seat shoudl almost always be used with the armrests in the lower position..it gives MUCH better belt fit, especially if the kid is smaller, and you know most people who buy these are buying them for their 4 year olds. The upper position is better for the armrests actually being functional as armrests, but much worse for belt fit, which is, of course, the IMPORTANT part.

NannyMom

I think it's great, and personally, I think the seat shoudl almost always be used with the armrests in the lower position..it gives MUCH better belt fit, especially if the kid is smaller, and you know most people who buy these are buying them for their 4 year olds. The upper position is better for the armrests actually being functional as armrests, but much worse for belt fit, which is, of course, the IMPORTANT part.

Which is what I thought. And stupid stupid me never checked the fit of the Graco NBB on my 9 year old because.... it's a booster, she always fits them fine. Well, the arm rests were pushing the seatbelt too far down on her thighs.

No, carseats aren't disappearing from Target. From the Scenera thread, they are bringing in all new seats. :whistle:

momto3girls

Senior Community Member
I went to target today also. I saw a hbb tb that was black with pink butterflies. I didn't look at the armrests. I also noticed they had maestros and efta 65's in boxes. No diplay models though. They only had comfort sports, 2 infant seats, & a cosco high back on display. Oh there was also a nautilus tilla in a box. I found 1 regular scenera that was a return listed for $45.99. They still have a CA on display on an end cap.

flipper68

Senior Community Member
Which is what I thought. And stupid stupid me never checked the fit of the Graco NBB on my 9 year old because.... it's a booster, she always fits them fine. Well, the arm rests were pushing the seatbelt too far down on her thighs.

Color me stupid - :confused: It's possible to have the belt too far down on the thighs? How do you know how low is too low?

robbertbobbert

I bought that EXACT seat at Target two weeks ago! It's the Becca pattern, which happens to be my name. It was on sale for $9 and I used a gift card... so it was pretty much free.

cookie123

Our Target's carseat depts are looking very bare. I was surprised to see the Chase, although they've had it before. The 40 lbs rf Scenera was there. There's nothing new out on display, though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC