Question Need help fitting our car seats side by side

Ryalee

I was on here a few months ago and needed a narrow car seat for our vehicle. We have the Marathon and by the other window was the infant seat. A lot of you recommended the Radian so we bought that for my 3 yr old and took my baby out of the infant seat and into the Marathon. We needed a slim car seat because i have a 15 yr old that has no where to sit! Well we got the Radian in and unfortunately there is no more room than before.:( We are going on a trip soon and i need to know if there is anyway possible that a radian and Marathon can go beside each other so my son can have a window seat. My husband says there is no way that would work because at least one of the car seats would be on a slant because of the way the seats are sunk in.. sort of bucket style i guess. We have a 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe. I hope someone can recommend a way to put these seats in to have more room. :confused:

ADS

Maedze

Radians fit nicely next to each other in the Santa Fe, but the Radian and Marathon do not.

Also, your son needs to sit OUTBOARD, NOT in the middle. There is no head rest in the middle seat and it is not safe for him to sit there.

I would purchase a second Radian for your baby and use it in the center position.

Ryalee

Radians fit nicely next to each other in the Santa Fe, but the Radian and Marathon do not.

Also, your son needs to sit OUTBOARD, NOT in the middle. There is no head rest in the middle seat and it is not safe for him to sit there.

I would purchase a second Radian for your baby and use it in the center position.

Ya i know he can't sit there that's why i wanted to find a way for the 2 girls to sit next to each other so my son could have the window:( So there's no way for them to go side by side then right?

Maedze

Not that combination, unfortunately. I believe the 2004 is pretty much the same as the 2003, and trust me, I tried :(

If baby still fits in the infant bucket, you could install the infant bucket in the center position without the base, to tide you over until you can get a second Radian.

Ryalee

Not that combination, unfortunately. I believe the 2004 is pretty much the same as the 2003, and trust me, I tried :(

If baby still fits in the infant bucket, you could install the infant bucket in the center position without the base, to tide you over until you can get a second Radian.

Okay thank's.. i don't think you can install ours without the base though. It's an evenflo.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I had a RF Marathon outboard and a FF Radian in the center of my MIL's 2002 Santa Fe. I wonder if they changed the body style significantly between 2002 and 2003-2004?

I know it's not the best picture in the world :eek: but it's the only one I had of the car seats in the Santa Fe (at Disneyland ;))

akbar.jpg

Maedze

I had a RF Marathon outboard and a FF Radian in the center of my MIL's 2002 Santa Fe. I wonder if they changed the body style significantly between 2002 and 2003-2004?

I think they did...the outer slopes got more pronounced and stupid, causing the outboard seat to sit even closer to the inside of the vehicle, if that makes sense.

Ryalee

Hmm that is interesting.. i wouldn't know as the radian is new to us but they must have changed it then.

Ryalee

okay so will a graco safe seat installed beside the Radian fit in the middle with out the base?

Last edited:

Maedze

That's weird, usually the Radian+Marathon facing the same direction takes up the same amount of room as Radian+Radian.

These seats aren't facing the same direction; the Radian is forward facing and the Marathon rear facing....

Uh oh, did I read it wrong?

mommyfrog

Just brainstorming!! If the three year old could still fit in the Radian rf, would the Radian and Marathon fit side by side both rf?

Maedze

Just brainstorming!! If the three year old could still fit in the Radian rf, would the Radian and Marathon fit side by side both rf?

That's a definite maybe. If it works, I'd put the Radian in the center position and the Marathon outboard. The Britax base works better offset on those sloped seats than the Radian, and the Radian takes up less recline in the center than outboard.

Ryalee

That's a definite maybe. If it works, I'd put the Radian in the center position and the Marathon outboard. The Britax base works better offset on those sloped seats than the Radian, and the Radian takes up less recline in the center than outboard.

hmm never thought of that. Right now 3 yr old dd id ff but we can turn her around if it works. Is the radian easy to install RF?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC