In your opinion/experience ...

ADS

aeormsby

Safeguard GO - crazy hard. I started trying to take it off after a beach vacation (beach sand everwhere) and just gave up. That cover isn't coming off unless we decide to convert it to a booster some day.

Other seats I've had - Snugride, Marathon, Uptown - very easy. Frontier - kind of annoying because of the headrest & 2 parts to the cover. I prefer to do one strap at a time so I know how it goes back together and that wasn't the easiest for the Frontier.

skipspin

Hmmmmm. The cover is confusing on the GO and the harness is really hard to put back on after using it in booster mode. I think I lost three fingernails last time- and mine are real and not that long. LOL.

The old Evenflo Triumphs were bad too IIRC. I think you had to remove screws...

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
Hmmmmm. The cover is confusing on the GO and the harness is really hard to put back on after using it in booster mode. I think I lost three fingernails last time- and mine are real and not that long. LOL.

The old Evenflo Triumphs were bad too IIRC. I think you had to remove screws...

Yes those were horrible! Luckily the one I had was only for E so it didn't get used too often therefore only had to be washed once before it expired.

mominabigtruck

Old style AOEs. You pretty much had to take the base off to get it hooked on right and I think you had to unscrew some stuff too. And remember the slot thingys on the old tourivas?? They made the cover look so nice but you had to use pliers and a screwdriver to get them on and off.

BabyKaykes

Hands down the old AOEs. Getting the infant head pillow off that thing was INSANE...and involved a flathead screwdriver???

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The hardest one I've actually done is the Complete Air. You have to remove these harness guides, and they are stuck in there SO TIGHT I had to pry them out (I didn't have to put them back on, so I just used pliers, but that broke them. If I'd had to be careful with them it would have been a much longer job.)

Splash

The hardest that I personally own is a Recaro Signo g2, because it is so difficult to get the head cover back on. But the old triumphs were very difficult, and a BV ain't too easy either. Anything with a head cover is generally more difficult (though the GN is easy peasy).

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
The hardest that I personally own is a Recaro Signo g2, because it is so difficult to get the head cover back on.

The Signo is what sticks out in my mind too. It was a few years ago and we didn't even own it for very long, but I despised having to take the cover off to wash it because it was like a wrestling match to get it back on. We had 4 of the old style Triumphs so I had to wash those covers plenty of times too, but even with the screws, I don't think it was as bad as the Signo.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC