I confiscated my mother's 10 year old fpse today...

musicmaj

I borrowed my mother's van today. She has a daycare and has lots of seats in her 05 town and country van - most are 2 year old ultra cargos that she uses as boosters for 4-6 year olds. The 4-6 year old kids are all 43lbs or heavier and they sit well in the boosters. I weighed them last week. I helped her choose the ultracargos two years ago so she could harness the kids all the way to 40lbs and then use them as boosters. They were narrow enough to fit.

She had the baby (1.5 years old) in a ff fisher price safe embrace. (let's not even talk about the fact that he is forward facing) I suspected it was expired so today while I was out I uninstalled the seat and was shocked to see that it was manufactured in 97. :eek: I knew she was going to argue with me on why it was not safe to use anymore (the seat looks great) so I told her that she could get sued if she is in an accident and the car seat fails. That stopped the argument. Then I grabbed my spare scenera and installed it forward facing for her and told her to keep it. (yes I know that rear facing would be best for this child, I am saving that argument for another day.) I was afraid she would be mad at me because I am a car seat fanatic, but she wasn't. And at least I know that all the passengers in her van are in safe seats now.

ADS

arly1983

You did your best. Give yourself a pat on the back for taking a ten year old expired carseat out of circulation. Yay!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Those seats are sooooo nice... now I feel old that it was one of the good seat choices I had for my ds before he was born...10 years...yikes... (he's 9.5 now.. the Fisher Price didn't have padding, so I skipped it, the Roundabout was 'too much money!' so I skipped it...got an Evenflo Medallion with the cool infant insert and seat saver base...and then bought a top tether to add to it, at least the FP inspired me to do that!)

But old is old, so GOOD for you for taking care of that baby :)

:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC